Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
Running a second amp >

Running a second amp

Notices

Running a second amp

Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the ground that was ran for the first amp...ran that to the block. The block has two outs..one going to the original amp and the other going to the new amp.

I did trouble shooting yesterday and found out that the sound is coming from the input and has nothing to do with the ground or power. Here is how it is hooked up. I ran the bow speakers from the head unit into the high input of the amp, so now the new amp is powering the bow speakers. When I turn the blower on you hear the blower through the speakers. I then decided to try the RCAs that are running into the original amp, so I plugged them into the low input on the amp and the same thing, made no difference. I then unplugged the head unit input into the amp and just hooked my iphone directly to the amp and turned on the blower and nothing, so it isn't electrical on the amp, it is coming from the sound input. I then ran a channel from the original amp into the high input of the new amp thinking maybe that would condition the input, but it still did the same thing.

I am at a loss. Is there anyway to clean up the input signal?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I still think this is a ground related problem and it involves the head unit and the new amp. Can you try isolating the grounds from the head unit and the new amp?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that too. I ran an isolated wire straight from the ground terminal on the battery to the amp and it still did the same thing.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Try running your trim pump up and down while listening to the front speakers. Any noise from the pump motors?