Best way.....if any to connect depth to Garmin >

Best way.....if any to connect depth to Garmin

Notices

Best way.....if any to connect depth to Garmin

Old 02-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best way.....if any to connect depth to Garmin

I am in the process of buying a 292 formula, and have bought a Garmin 741 to add to it.

I saw that you can use the NMEA 0183 to connect sounder info as either an input or output. Is it possible to piggyback the signal from the Formula installed depth sounder to the Garmin also? I do not want to add a sensor to the hull, somif it is not easy, I will simply use the factory installed gauge.

We will not be fishing...and I don't need bottom charting...but water depth can be handy to have, and consolidating the information would be nice.

Also...without pulling the dash off the boat(which I don't even have yet....that comes next weekend), would you think that a 2014 Formula would have the NMEA 2000 bus run up to the helm? This would make things easier if I want to gather the engine data into the Garmin

Thanks in advance.