Tablet Gauge Cluster How To???

Notices

Tablet Gauge Cluster How To???

Old 10-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 981 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I had a feeling people are using ARDUINO for this also. If you have not heard of Arduino, well, it is slowly changing the world. LOL
tis true! guy here at work has been playing with those for a while and they amaze me at what they can be capable of doing if you can put your mind into making it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at RacePak. The screens themselves are only ~$600. They make all the interfaces for your ECU (if efi) of you can buy all the sensors you need and its as simple as plugging the sensor in series into the harness, like a NMEA 2000 network. The screen is LCD and customizable, you can label any sensor anything you want, set limits, etc. And its made to be outdoors with a bright screen.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:10 AM
LS1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look into the AEM CD7 Dash, fully configurable and won't break the bank.

Racers can purchase the CD-7 or CD-7L with our Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) as a complete kit to add GPS for vehicle speed, track mapping and recording lap times, split times, and displaying predictive times with a live gain/loss value. In addition to the GPS, the VDM includes a 3-axis gyrometer for recoding roll, pitch and yaw, and a 3-axis accelerometer for collecting longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration. For users who are only interested in seeing lap times and setting track maps, and do not need chassis dynamics from an accelerometer and gyrometer, we offer a less expensive GPS Module that is sold separately.

TWO INDEPENDENT CAN BUS RECEIVE CHANNELS
The CD-7 features two independent, fully user programmable CAN channels. The bus configuration and messages are fully configurable; it even supports indexed messages. Custom CAN configurations can be imported via industry standard DBC files or the user can manually enter each message and channel. The user can then rename, filter, calibrate, change units and log any CAN channel, as well as direct these channels to inputs on our pre-defined templates or user created ones, and configure the channel data for the On-Change page for immediate reference to critical data when a channel parameter triggers the page.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1
Look into the AEM CD7 Dash, fully configurable and won't break the bank.
I really like the CD7. Was thinking of putting it in my boat. Not sure if the OP has efi motors to tap into the computer or how it would work with a carb motor..?