Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
LED trim and tab indicators >

LED trim and tab indicators

Notices

LED trim and tab indicators

Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 525 Likes on 211 Posts

^^^ I am. I just want to know how the electrical sensors hold up compared to cable....
Old 06-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by amiabledave
^^^ i am. I just want to know how the electrical sensors hold up compared to cable....
have digital senders on 380k's since boat was new in 08 and haven't had any problems with them at all, been rock solid
Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Just helped my friend put the Livorsi LED indicators on his 35' Playboy. He had enough room behind the gauges in the dash to mount the Mechanical to Electrical converters. This made for an easy installation. Just simply unhook the cables from the old indicator and connect them up to the converters. Didn't need to replace cables, or crawl around and try to mount them on the transom in the engine bay. Expensive, but he loves them. We put a new Garmin in the dash and a Fusion stereo at the same time, too. Along with NMEA 2k network, everything feeds into the Garmin. The Livorsi indicators come with NMEA 2k connectors, so was easy to hook them into that network, as well.
Hope that helps.
Good luck.