6.2/377/383 stage 1 upgrade

Notices

6.2/377/383 stage 1 upgrade

Old 12-21-2017, 11:29 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Call and talk to Dustin at Whipple. My guess is he will want you to remove the CAT's and go with aftermarket manifolds or headers. By the time you purchase those and possibly have to have tails made along with the price of the reflashes you are probably better off building 383's. You will have a ton invested in those stock 6.2's with probably less than desirable results and still have weak links in the engines.
100 percent against federal law to remove the cats in mandated EC ( emission control marine engines) I have no idea how he can get away with this and NOT to have CARB fining the hell out of him.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:33 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Whipple did the 8.3 with Cat and sensor.
Whipple Offers PCM Upgrades for Mercury 8.2 Engines

I dont know why they dont take the Cats out - maybe a machine shop could put them in a fixture and get them out with a Bridgeport or similar.

But the root of the question is Whipple did do it on an engine with Cats....
The hull serial number is recorded as a EPA federal mandated emission control engine in the USA. Totally against federal law to remove the cats. Just like it is for reg street auto's and trucks. Have no idea how he can and or continue to do this without CARB hammering him and his business.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 216 Posts

The feds can LICK me