Smart craft Help >

Smart craft Help

Notices

Smart craft Help

Old 03-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smart craft Help

I purchased all of the recommended components, blue cable, junction box, module and mercury monitor. Plugged it all together and with the key in the on position (engine not running) it seems I am not getting any power to the harness or anything plugged in. Nothing comes on. Same is true if I plug the mercury monitor directly into the blue cable from the engine. It does not come on. Anyone have any idea where to start troubleshooting. This is a 2005 525efi that is smartcraft ready according to mercury and the plate on the motor. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 250 Posts

call mercury marine customer service 920 929 5040 they will get you all straightened out, w/ what you need and how to wire it up

today i got all part numbers for exactly what i needed to run a mercmonitor on a 2004 496 mag ho.

went on ebay and got it all for less than the msrp for just the monitor.

have your engine serial number ready, (mine are all pictures in my phone)
Old 03-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Registered

I am afraid I have a bigger problem, I got all of the part numbers from mercury when I ordered the parts I have. I checked and the harness plug from the engine does not have any power, red is meant to be 12v all the time and purple 12v with ignition. I don’t have any power to either wire in any key position. Checked the fuses on the engine all are good, engine runs good and does not show any codes when connected to diagnostics tool but smartcraft harness is dead.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

following
Old 03-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Registered

I managed to figure it out. There is a three wire harness that provides power to the 10 pin (square) Plug. The harness has a red, purple and black wire. This harness comes disconnected from the factory unless you have the harness connected for smartcraft accessories. I connected this harness and everything seems to be working now.
The following users liked this post:
Bwsando (07-02-2020)
Old 03-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 250 Posts

good news that you got it going.

my mercmonitor came this evening with 3 harnesses. 84-879346T56 harness-mntr pwr adptr , 56-820386A76 bag asy temp sensor ,
and 84 8m0055042 monitor harn ver 6.0

it also came w/ a 3way splitter ?

the gender harness and 20 foot harness is from another supplier and is not here yet.

per mercury and for my set up, i was told ( the harness- the gender cable- and monitor ) is all i need.
"no other parts or accy's, nothing, plug it in and that's it"

mine is getting set up to be the engines' gauges / gaurdian alarm only, no other electronics tied into it whatsoever.
the mercmonitor i bought is 8m0100794 level 2 smart tow

would appreciate if you could go into a little more detail :
where was this 3 wire harness that powered it up ?
what did you hook each end up to ?

i know the big harness has some extra plugs on each end for transom assy, transmission, rudder, etc. and whatever under the dash on that end.
are you saying you had to power up the cable itself or did you have to power up the plug that comes out of the ecm ?

i read the installation manual, but it's on the computer, would rather it was in a book with greasy oily fingerprints smeared all over it.

the owners manual that came w/ it is 140 pages and has nothing about hooking it up or turning it on, just 140 pages of what it can do.

thanks.

Last edited by outonsafari; 03-13-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Registered

The 3 wire harness was connected with the main harness it had both ends. This is the best pic I could get of it

Bwsando (07-02-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where does that 3 wire plug hook into. I need power at the large harness for VesselView Please help
Old 04-14-2020, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Petrocanada
Where does that 3 wire plug hook into. I need power at the large harness for VesselView Please help
both plugs are on the engine, by default they are unplugged from the factory.
Bwsando (07-02-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is great, was it buried down far behind?
Is it the only 3 wire connector back there?
Would you happen to have pictures
Thanks Lil Mick in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.