Bennett NMEA 2000 kit >

Bennett NMEA 2000 kit

Notices

Bennett NMEA 2000 kit

Old 01-24-2020, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bennett NMEA 2000 kit

My previous boat had trim indicators but my current boat did not come with indicators (2005 Formula 370 SS). While we just completed the third season in our boat and I'm learning to use the tabs by feel, I still miss the indicators at times.

Since I already upgraded my display to a Simrad NSS12 Evo3 to display the Smartcraft a couple years ago, I'm looking to add the Bennett NMEA 2000 kit to display the tab info now. My only hesitation is that in searching the web it seems people have had problems calibrating them and there doesn't seem to be any good information on what display brand/models they will work on. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on installing the kit and getting it to work?
Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Call Bennett they are very friendly and helpful.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Call Bennett they are very friendly and helpful.
I emailed Bennett (they do have great customer service, below was their response), I was hoping to find someone the forum who had installed the kit. I've contacted Simrad also but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Our NMEA 2000 Indicator Kit (NMEA1, $189.39 USD) was designed to work with LowranceNet systems, so you will want to contact Simrad’s Client Service Department to verify that their head unit is able to SEE the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal, DISPLAY the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal and CALIBRATE the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal. All of these functions are on the software side of the application, so the head unit must have the programming installed for it to perform the operation.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:56 PM
Registered

This is Simrad's response, so no clear answer on compatibility with my MDF. Guess I'll give it a try and hope for the best.

Hi Andrew,
Lowrance is our sister company and we run the same standard NMEA2000 software and buss. If the tab data is being seen on the N2K buss the NSS12 Evo3 will se it and the tabs should show on the device list. I am not sure what programming needs to be installed that Bennett mentioned below. The Nss12 Evo3 will see and show the trim tabs moving up and down but the calibration of those tabs will need to be on the smartcraft gateway.

Tom

Last edited by afratki; 01-27-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:29 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Write back and tell them that didn't answer your question and ask about compatability and they will fwd the email from the office in China with *******s trying to pretend they speak English to someone who actually knows.