Gauges just quit randomly >

Gauges just quit randomly

Notices

Gauges just quit randomly

Old 07-25-2020, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges just quit randomly

hello i have a 19ft boat with a 350 pretty new to boating took it out yesterday everything was working fine brought it home and the whe dash just quit working its a i/o now I can't open the hatch either does anyone have suggestions on what this could be thanks to all
Old 07-26-2020, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 381 Likes on 170 Posts

Start at battery. Check connections. Look for extra wires added on by other people. If you have wing nuts on battery posts replace them with flanged nuts. Look for a main circuit breaker on engine(red button). Did it still run? Look for individual breakers at dash. Pull dash and check for loose connections. Boats usually run a single power wire to a gauge and then jumper from there to each one down the line. Give more info on your boat and maybe someone that has one can help.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:41 AM
Registered

Ok thanks im going to start today thanks for the info I will try the dash first maybe a wire came loose while trailering it home
Old 07-26-2020, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

simple route.....Take a test light, verify you have power to the 10 gauge red wire, if you do verify the ground is good. The power and ground are the only thing all the gauges have in common.

The following users liked this post:
SB (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 09:56 AM
Registered

Ok thanks for the input I will try that well see what happens hopefully just a loose wire or something 🤞