Fusion BlueTooth issue >

Fusion BlueTooth issue

Notices

Fusion BlueTooth issue

Old 10-20-2020, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fusion BlueTooth issue

I am trying to straighten out the audio system in a new to me boat, the head unit is a new this spring Fusion MS-RA70NSX, the issue is the Bluetooth range is garbage, anything more than a couple feet from the head unit and it intermittently cuts out, also the BT remote on the platform does not stay connected.

I have not used Fusion decks prior but I do believe from everything I have read they are ta great unit, has anyone had similar issues?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

A friend has the same issue with his head unit which is in his cabin. Its not a Fusion, but the same thing happens. If the phone is not within line of sight, it will lose connection.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

I don't have the issue with my Fusion ans it is mounted in the cabin. As a mater of fact mine will connect to the phone when it is up at the house and the boat on the lift.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

My old Fusion head unit didn't have great range but it worked. I now have the MS-RA770 and again the range is ok and it works but if you try to use the Fusion Link mobile app the app won't stay connected and working past about 5' but it does work.

The only thing you might try if you haven't is upgrade to the most current software for your model head unit. I just bought mine a month ago or so and just after it was installed they had a new version software out.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Man they tend to be hit or miss! We've had a couple of complaints from Bluetooth but then again not all radios have awesome range anyways so its not just fusion. My biggest complaint with fusion is some of the units distort really bad at high volume so when we add amplifiers we tend to lock the max volume lower and tune the amps for about half of what the radio can put out to keep the clarity clean.
The following users liked this post:
markt111 (10-21-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Be sure Software on the Fusion is up to date...software update is done through the fusion link app...Typical Class 2 BT has a range of 33ft in a perfect world ...
The following users liked this post:
Helmwurst (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 981 Likes on 497 Posts

bluetooth works on radio waves...biggest problem is conductive material or metals. I know carbon fiber can be conductive and ive seen it block GPS signals too...so i would say either move the headunit to a spot more easily "seen" by the phone or you can get a bluetooth range extender to place somewhere around the boat to broaden the signal strength tot he headunit.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I've never had that issue before with Fusion headunits. I'd suggest updating software as previously mentioned.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

have a 770 in one boat and a 210 in another, both mounted below in the galley area. i can walk around the entire garage with my phone in my pocket and play Bluetooth on both units fine... the airplay on the 770 is a lot better!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turns out it would not stay linked up to my old phone(iphone 8) worked OK with my iPad, my sons phone, wifes phone etc..

The weird thing is I used Bluetooth to many other devices without an issue with that phone.. I have e new phone now and assume it will work fine once the boat is out of storage??