Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

another option

https://www.imarineusa.com/ActisenseA2K-SBN-2.aspx
Old 02-24-2021, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 30outlaw
He is wanting to add the ability to control his Fusion with his Garmin. Not create a backbone for a ship. Anyway the Amazon link I listed is perfect and expandable if needed. As far as power. It should not be integrated into the key. It needs power anytime the battery switch is giving power to the dash. I would look under the dash and wire it to something that has power when the battery switch is on or just to where the radio gets its power. Sometimes the radio is powered through a switch on the dash that is fused. That will work fine. If your power is not coming through a fused source then you need to add a 5 amp fuse in line. Reason for skipping the key is you want to have power to the network at anchor. A bit more complex but this is my setup. Any screen can control the radio which is a Fusion connected to the backbone.

https://mightytext.net/zVrZEs

Chris
Old 02-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blueabyss
He is wanting to add the ability to control his Fusion with his Garmin. Not create a backbone for a ship. Anyway the Amazon link I listed is perfect and expandable if needed. As far as power. It should not be integrated into the key. It needs power anytime the battery switch is giving power to the dash. I would look under the dash and wire it to something that has power when the battery switch is on or just to where the radio gets its power. Sometimes the radio is powered through a switch on the dash that is fused. That will work fine. If your power is not coming through a fused source then you need to add a 5 amp fuse in line. Reason for skipping the key is you want to have power to the network at anchor. A bit more complex but this is my setup. Any screen can control the radio which is a Fusion connected to the backbone.

https://mightytext.net/zVrZEs

Chris
so he can add a power drop, 2 terminating resistors, 2 t's and 2 drop cables. or a 4 or 8 port of the actisense unit.... same end result different way to get there...
Old 02-24-2021, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Same result but different price. Most boats on here will never run more than 2 screens and a Radio. So even if he needed another T my choice would be cheaper.

Chris
Old 02-24-2021, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blueabyss
Same result but different price. Most boats on here will never run more than 2 screens and a Radio. So even if he needed another T my choice would be cheaper.

Chris
price point you are absolutely correct... it was just another option. I think it’s a cleaner install but to each their own.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll run it off the radio power most likely as it is switched.