Notices

Pdm

Old 04-14-2021, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Pdm

Looking at options for rewiring my boat and was thinking of going with the same thing I used for my car which is a solid state pdm and keypad. Has anyone else done this in their boat?
Old 10-29-2021, 08:12 PM
Registered

Figured I would close the loop on this... I went with a Moristech P30 PDM for my power distribution module which allowed me to program the outputs, and use a CAN keypad. The wiring harness is all milspec wire, mostly 14awg with Deutsch connectors.

The following users liked this post:
Padraig (10-29-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool set up. Never thought of using one of those in a boat. I'll definitely consider one for future projects.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waveryd
Cool set up. Never thought of using one of those in a boat. I'll definitely consider one for future projects.
Yeah it makes wiring so much easier, it can be as simple as inputs trigger outputs, or you can layer on functions like setting a timer for the blower fans before you start the engine.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Big Baller -- What are your thoughts on the NMEA2K SSR systems? You can run everything from your Garmin or aftermarket EFI PCM. I am thinking of rigging a boat like this currently. Nice part is you can set overloads, trip resets, bundle together for large Amp loads. By running a Nmea2k cable into the engine compartment you could control all the electrical loads...
Old 01-08-2022, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
Big Baller -- What are your thoughts on the NMEA2K SSR systems? You can run everything from your Garmin or aftermarket EFI PCM. I am thinking of rigging a boat like this currently. Nice part is you can set overloads, trip resets, bundle together for large Amp loads. By running a Nmea2k cable into the engine compartment you could control all the electrical loads...
Looks like it is another flavor of CAN so i assume it will work just as good. I went with AEM Net / moristech pdm because i used both on my automotive projects with great success. A single CAN keypad means i control all power function on the boat via 4 wires and all signals for gauges (digital dash) are sent to front of boat via 2wires.