Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
Need a new depth finder. >

Need a new depth finder.

Notices

Need a new depth finder.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

This is my fishing boat. Old Bayliner. Anyway I too needed a new depth finder. At least thats how it started out.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:34 AM
Registered

Received 308 Likes on 188 Posts

Thx Rookie. I occasionally think I need a 3D printer, but then the urge always seems to pass. For something like this, it definitely would have come in handy. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Dave; you have better luck then me at H/D. Seems like every time I go there looking for a hardware solution, I wind up having to buy multiple items to make the single thing I wanted.

Blueabyss; I found myself being pulled in that direction for sure. Yours turned out pretty sweet.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:09 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Most of the 2.25” round gauge models are rebranded Hummingbird. You may get away with replacing the puck, and keeping your dash gauge.

I have made a few post about this in the past. Look at the back of your gauge, You will have a rectangle shaped connector or a barn shaped connector from the gauge to the wire that goes to the puck. Once you know that, you can back into which one may work for you.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 308 Likes on 188 Posts

The puck for my old Lowrance was a oddball frequency (192 kHz I think). NLA nowadays. Another oddball thing with the old Lowrance is that the transducer connects to a large mystery box, then mystery box connects to dash gauge. Got rid of all that and the new Faria is working like a champ so far.