Notices

Smartcraft Connect & GPS signal

Old 05-06-2021, 01:43 PM
KvD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartcraft Connect & GPS signal

Hi,

I have a newly installed Mercury Racing 520 with Smartcraft so I have ordered new Livorsi meters, the ones that are for Smartcraft with a master Tach and slave gauges receiving data from the master. All engine data should be fine but I am curious on how to get the GPS signal in to the smartcraft Network. I am getting new plotter as well which will be either Garmin or Raymarine to support Smartcraft data to the plotter through a gateway like the Smartcraft connect gateway.

I am sure this will carry the engine data from Smartcraft -> Gateway .> NMEA 2k -> Plotter
But will it carry the GPS signal from the plotter to the smartcraft network?
If not, does anyone have a similar setup and if so, how dod you get the GPS signal into your Smartcraft network to be picked up by the Livorsi gauge?

In worst case, there is a GPS antenna from Livorsi but would like to see if it possible to get GPS signal from the plotter before spending more $$.

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

My current setup uses NMEA 0183 from the GPS to the smartcraft speedo. I think the speed is the only data going from the GPS to the gauges. I have the merc gateway sending data from the gauges to the GPS.