Solid State Relays >

Solid State Relays

Notices

Solid State Relays

Old 01-06-2022, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Solid State Relays

Has anyone done a rewire with todays new relay systems? Seems like they would be a much cleaner simpler rigging option... There are some that integrate with the NMEA2k backbone so you can utilize the switch panel mode within many MFD's. In running the holley EFI the fuel pumps and any other electrical option could be controlled through the PCM...
They have circuit protection/ overload, and programmable relatch parameters. I can see a couple of channels per engine, nav lights, bilge pumps etc all being controlled with heavy wiring staying in the engine compartment.

Interested to know if there are any offshores who have gone this route? Obviously the bigger cruisers and Yachts are a no brainer for this type of switching...
Old 02-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently working on a twin turbine boat project and I used solid state relay control for everything on the boat. I have been using the Czone control 1 module with zero issues, and its really simple to setup. The soft start option for lighting is really nice
The following users liked this post:
ksalmine (02-01-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:56 AM
Registered

I was looking at it --- seems like a great piece, I like the 6 zone also can be used for smaller zones... like the cuddy and engine compartment...Where are you purchasing from?
Old 02-02-2022, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchase all my products through Gemeco....... If you have any questions about setting things up, I would be more than happy to help.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:00 AM
Registered

Awesome thanks.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Little late to the party but I also went solid state with my project, and ran most things off a CAN keypad with the exception of tabs and drive as I wanted them on my controls these were analog inputs for the PDM. P+DM / solid states make life and wiring so much easier. Plus you can build in functions so triggers to send power to an output can be a combination of inputs. I went with a Moristech P30 ran me about 1400 and all milspec wire for the added insurance, Plus running the CAN bus makes it simple to pipe everything into my AEM CD7 Dash.