Best BBC distributor to run with Holley EFI >

Best BBC distributor to run with Holley EFI

Notices

Best BBC distributor to run with Holley EFI

Old 09-06-2022, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Rookie,

I just purchased a Mercruiser 525 intake, I looked into going COP but just the holley harness is $800, I still need the dual sync distributer with he blank cap and the Holley HP but now I need 8 coils as well. It looks like it will add at least $1,500 to the cost over just running a distributer with a cap and single coil.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyboost;[url=tel:4843941
4843941[/url]]Rookie,

I just purchased a Mercruiser 525 intake, I looked into going COP but just the holley harness is $800, I still need the dual sync distributer with he blank cap and the Holley HP but now I need 8 coils as well. It looks like it will add at least $1,500 to the cost over just running a distributer with a cap and single coil.
I went with a duel sync, and 8 smart coils controlled by a AEM Infinity.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:17 PM
Registered

How do you like the AEM over Holley? What brand coils are those? Also what exhaust manifolds and risers are those? Is it Dry-tip?
Old 09-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Registered

I like it, I use AEM on my automotive projects so it made sense to continue with the boat project. These are stainless marine dry to the tip and haltech IGN-1A smart coils. Big hurdle was doing a little research to understand how the MSD / Holley duel sync works so I could configure / wire the AEM properly. Once wired though it fired right up.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Registered

Quick clip running

Last edited by Big_Baller; 09-19-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:46 AM
Registered

I think Im going to run the Holley HP I have a few friends very familiar with it, I want to stick to one platform. I am going to switch to Terminator X in my car project as well. your boat is badass that should be a blast once on the water. Question, is it really that much louder with the dry to the tip risers? The lake I'm on are sorta ball busters but If I go out at night I was going to get slip-on turn downs so it is quiet when just idling around.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyboost
I think Im going to run the Holley HP I have a few friends very familiar with it, I want to stick to one platform. I am going to switch to Terminator X in my car project as well. your boat is badass that should be a blast once on the water. Question, is it really that much louder with the dry to the tip risers? The lake I'm on are sorta ball busters but If I go out at night I was going to get slip-on turn downs so it is quiet when just idling around.

Yes hahaha
Old 09-20-2022, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joeyboost

makes sense to stay with in the holley eco system, I would have went with an AEM duel sync distributor if available. As with the exhaust, I dont have much comparison my buddies all have dry exhausts, but idling in the water isnt bad…. On plane I was told it could be heard a ways out.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:26 AM
Registered

The lake im on has about 8 miles of shoreline so I would assume at no point on the lake will you NOT hear the boat lol Its Lake mahopac in Putnam County NY, its a big pond and I will have WAY to much boat for it but there is nothing closer other than the Hudson river but I have no interest in being on the river.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

[QUOTE=Joeyboost;4845559]The lake im on has about 8 miles of shoreline so I would assume at no point on the lake will you NOT hear the boat lol Its Lake mahopac in Putnam County NY, its a big pond and I will have WAY to much boat for it but there is nothing closer other than the Hudson river but I have no interest in being on the river.[/
Fully dry to tip with separate water dump will pretty much sound like a open header dragster to anyone behind boat fwiw, Smitty
The following 3 users liked this post by articfriends:
BBYSTWY (02-27-2023), Gimme Fuel (02-27-2023), Joeyboost (02-27-2023)