How to feed old Smartcraft gauges from a modern Garmin GPS >

How to feed old Smartcraft gauges from a modern Garmin GPS

Notices

How to feed old Smartcraft gauges from a modern Garmin GPS

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve had no luck with this setup.

I have an optimax 75 (upgraded to 115) running a smartcraft cable from the outboard (terminator in cable on outbord end) to a 4 port junction box at the helm, terminator in one of the ports and the other two ports connected to system tach and system speed. When connecting the can bus cable to the junction box, the terminator is removed. System tach still works no problem. The can bus cable is connected to a 4-port nmea2000 T-connector which also has 12 volt and the dropper cable from the garmin 720s connected. Have tried with terminator installed in the last end of the T and without. On the 720s I have both serial ports set to standard and nmea bridging is on. Have tried various nmea sentences on and off. On the smartcraft gps sensor installed and use gps speed is ”yes”. No speed ndicated on the speedo, neither digital or analogue.
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 100 Posts

I’ll check the settings as soon as I get a chance.