Help - dual drive rocker switch wiring >

Help - dual drive rocker switch wiring

Notices

Help - dual drive rocker switch wiring

Old 11-29-2023, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - dual drive rocker switch wiring

Can someone help me with how the rocker switches for dual drive tilt should be wired along with a trailer switch and throttle tilt?

I’ve seen every schematic online but nothing shows how all of the poles on the back of the rocker switches should be jumped.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

I can draw one up for you a little later unless someone happens to have it they can post up here before i get it done
I'm assuming the trailer switch would be on the transom somewhere? And your throttle tilt would be two switches...one for each drive? or just a single for both?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-29-2023, 08:55 AM
Registered

That would be amazing!
No, it is all on the dash. On a Baja outlaw if it matters.

Rocker switches go:

-trailer-port tilt-stbd tilt-
Old 11-29-2023, 09:03 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

are you trying to use the same switches or planning on getting new ones? If same then i'd need to see what the switches look like from behind to verify what they are......the trailer switch is the same as "Both" on most other offshore boats.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-29-2023, 09:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

here's a quick job i did assuming you were starting from scratch and didnt have any switches to use.
SPDT = Single Pole Double Throw switch
DPDT = Double Pole Double Throw switch
The middle one on your dash switchs below would also be the "Trailer" switch in your case so just ignore the other one below....that would have been on the transom or the like if you had that option.

Last edited by Wally; 11-29-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
are you trying to use the same switches or planning on getting new ones? If same then i'd need to see what the switches look like from behind to verify what they are......the trailer switch is the same as "Both" on most other offshore boats.....
thanks - using existing. I believe they have 6 prongs on the back of each but will try to get a pic this weekend and come back. Appreciate you jumping in.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:30 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

If they all have six prongs then they are the DPDT type...you dont have to use all six spots for the switch to work. You can run one side of a switch and have the other side for a backup in case the contacts go bad

Old 12-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Registered

I was wrong. Just was able to look in boat and they are ten prong. Not 6. Are some for the switch illuminating and some for the gauge?
Old 12-04-2023, 08:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

You would need to contact who ever made the switches to see what the pin's do. I'd venture to guess they are the Carling Switches https://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches-sealed
So if i had to guess, then its a double pole / double throw switch, so each side has 3 pins that would run to the trim pumps. Then the other two pins would be for a ground and a power wire for the light inside the rocker to light up. But not knowing what they are exactly its next to impossible to say for sure. You would need to look at the switches and get some part numbers off them or something to find what exactly they are and how to wire them up properly.....