Trying an IMCO 2" shorty on my Twinstep

Notices

Trying an IMCO 2" shorty on my Twinstep

Old 04-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update- bigger prop is here!

Hi guys,
I found a good deal on a slightly used labed 30" bravo, just got here. Unfortunately i leave in 2 hrs for a three day Jeep comp so I won't be testing til early next week- will advise.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Uncle Toys

Hey Cattitude - Now that Aprils done, how did you do in the jeep thing?

Did you see the picture I posted for you in the weekend post?

Old 05-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

Default PC's been down!

UT- first day back after PC repair- nasty virus. No, I did not see the pic yet but will get to it today.

Came in 5th at the Ramsey challenge a few wks ago, problems with the tranny no upshifting (now fixed) and slow hydraulic steering (this wks project) slowed me down considerably in the speed runs.

On the ProRock event in Farmington we had better luck- came in first amongst a very competitive field. It was tight- we had a 371 score and the seventh place team had 362 so you get an idea on the points spread in the top seven.

No Jeep events for 5 wks so back to prop testing- maybe this wk, now that the lake has cleared some.

Have a great time at the regatta!
Old 05-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Default More good news!

The initial run a few wks ago with my labbed 30 were less than successful, caught floating log pieces small enough not to notice, till I looked at the leading edges of my prop.

So the prop went to a Local shop near Table rock lake- The Prop Dr.- (His own boat is a turbine powered Warlock cat) 1st time with them, excellent repair work, determinned that my prop had been "De-cupped" -not be confused with D-cups!

They did an excellent repair job, recupped my blades and gave it back to me in a nice box that makes the Merc box look like gift wrap. Awesome price too!

Weather has been cool, steady north wind today, bolted the labbed 30 back up, about 20 gallons in the boat, made 3 passes, trying to trim while reading my tiny e-trex- got a best of 99.0 at 5350ish! This is 11 MPH better than last year without touching the motor! I know triple digits is there to be had!
Old 05-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Registered

Looking good. Don't you just love it when changes work out!

Are we still going to meet sometime this summer??
Old 05-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Registered

Default Midwest Regatta??

Still working something official- Spoke with CA and TX Eliminator people who are reviewing with Promoter at Havasu last wknd. if they don't do something soon we'll pick a lake and day and do it ourselves.

Ken
Old 08-21-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Cat,
What is the final verdict. 1.5" total for the shorter lower unit? How many rpm's and what prop. My project was a learning experience.

During the winter 50 deg air / 55 deg water / low humidity / full tanks / two in the boat
106 @ 5800 - Blackhawk bolted to the transom
96 @ 5800 - bravo drive , no x-box 28 lab bravo one

All these tests were this summer 100 deg air / 88 deg water / high humidity / full tanks / two in the boat
88 @ 5200 w/ +3 raised x-box / Blackhawk
80 @ 4600 w/ nuetral box / blackhawk
96 @ 5250 Blackhawk / no x-box

89 @ 5600 last year same summer conditions with a bravo, no x-box

Last edited by aTX427; 08-21-2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Registered

Default Good to hear from you John!

Been running 1.5" all summer. I've still got your old 28 and a merc, then a local guy labbed 30. I've been running the 30 with the 1.36's, back to back testing earlier in the year, but hot and humid put me in the high 80's with quite a bit of fuel and 2 people in boat, 3-4 slower with the 28 pretty consitently. With that said, in Late April/early May I squeaked 94.2 and 99.0 respectively with the two props- 94.2 bounced the rev limiter on repeated passes. The GPS speedo taught me i had been running too much trim before these speeds were up. I sususpect with a little more straight away to air it out I could squeeze a digit or two.

You may want to play with your x box when you go back to the Bravo type drive. Have about 28 hrs on the xz- had the top cap off for a lube change a few hours back, gears looked pretty- like new.

good luck! I'll be in Dallas Sat AM to Wed AM for a conference at the Wyndham Anatole- Wanna hook up for a beverage?

Cell is 479 936 4080.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Double D

Hey Cattitude, SAM and Dylan left last night, should be at LOTO sometime today, talked to him this morning, he is so stoked about this trip. Sorry you guys couldn't go this round, maybe next year.

Best to you and yours, will keep you updated sometime Sat. after the 1st run (if he remembers to call me)!!!

Double D

Old 08-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

Default X-box with the bravo??

John, read thru your post again- looks like you have yet to try the bravo with either x-box? That way be the ticket

Of course there's always the Bravo-Arneson conversion

Quick Reply: Trying an IMCO 2" shorty on my Twinstep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.