Xtreme XP Make Over >

Xtreme XP Make Over

Notices

Xtreme XP Make Over

Old 05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme XP Make Over

Got a late start doing an X-treme make over of my 28' Eagle XP. The stock 502 mag and Bravo 1 drive are off and headed to a new owner.

Power will be my trusted 502 Procharger beast pushing a new Volvo DPX that I managed to assemble piece-meal from the factory and two dealers. This gave us a chance to do a full re-rig of the engine bay and steering system.

Will post pics as we get closer to completion. Can anybody speak from experience and tell me how fast 825 ponies will push this boat?

VR
Old 05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Xtreme XP Make Over

Originally Posted by Volvo Rules
Got a late start doing an X-treme make over of my 28' Eagle XP. The stock 502 mag and Bravo 1 drive are off and headed to a new owner.

Power will be my trusted 502 Procharger beast pushing a new Volvo DPX that I managed to assemble piece-meal from the factory and two dealers. This gave us a chance to do a full re-rig of the engine bay and steering system.

Will post pics as we get closer to completion. Can anybody speak from experience and tell me how fast 825 ponies will push this boat?

VR
A true 825 HP? 85-90?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Hey Volvo Thats a great drive. I have a 28 ft cat that has 1250 hp going to that drive and it has over 200 hours on it. Mine has 1.47 gears in it, but you can do a prop calc on it just like merc props. If you have e-4 props, they calc out to approx 29" props. The only problem you are going to have is that they say that volvo is not going to support this drive anymore, and they (will not) talk hp and this drive. One final note, do not set this drive high like a bravo or you will break the rear prop alot. they over heat very easily. This drive is better then a bravo strength wise, and I'm no bravo hatter either, as I have two Imco extremes on the back of my new boat. Good luck!!! and
have fun
Old 05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Hey Boatsrock!

This will be my second DPX, and I went for the 1.47 gear this time to make sure I could get enough prop. I spoke with Jerry May at Eliminator, and after dusting off his rigging logs, he told me that the X is for this drive on an Eagle 28 is 17.5" off the center of the keel. That's where we've got it, and I've got my fingers crossed that we're not too high.

VR
Old 05-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

I'm very interested in hearing about your ride when you hit 85-90. My 28 Eagle should hit 75 once I prop her right but at 70 it seems to just start to really air out. I can only imagine with 10-15 more MPH what it would feel like.

Pix and experience when you get there!! I can't wait to hear!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

VR,
ya...please keep us posted...love those DPX drives on a single engine deep V and love to hear your results at those speeds of 90 plus-Volvos rock !

Good luck