Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
28 TD Daytona x dimension question? >

28 TD Daytona x dimension question?

Notices

28 TD Daytona x dimension question?

Old 01-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 28 TD Daytona x dimension question?

Originally Posted by rbtnt
I think the neutral IMCO boxes drop your X a little. The 28s that I have put boxes on, we had to drop the front of the engine .75 to 1.0". Mine has solid mounts, so it required some drilling.

You also need to think about the prop pitch you are running. One inch up from the bottom and 36" bravos are tough to get on plane and almost impossible at the start of a poker run, even with a tab. Five blades are better, but if you are taking off in a poker run, it still can be tough. 34" bravos are OK and 32" bravos are no problem.

Another thing we found to keep from blowing out if using MSD distributors, is to lock the advance. That way you don't have one advancing ahead of the other and blowing one prop out and killing you. This can create other problems.

The best thing I did to keep from blowing out a prop on a start at a poker run was to install intercoms. I keep my ass in the seat and watch the tachs. My navigator stands for the first few seconds and tells me where to go and until we roll over. This also allows me to have my lap belt on before we take off.
rbtnt, that sure sounds like too much work with the intercom and navigator to keep watch and you keeping an eye on tachs.

I run the P5X's now and wouldn't think about running 4 blade Bravo's again.

P5X benefits vs. Bravo I's
Absolutely no more problems rolling boat over, no more blow outs or pumping the throttles, 4 mph increase at 3500-3800 rpm, smoother and better throttle response, brings the nose down and maybe a 1-2 mph loss on top end, but who cares everything else more than makes up for the loss on top. I never run full throttle anyway.

I highly recommend you try the Hydros, seriously.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 5 blades seem to be causing some drive failures on the higher hp boats around here. I do want to try some P5Xs. I have a friend with P5s. He likes the midrange, but that is about it. Another friend can't keep drives together with Mercury 5 blades and 750hp. He runs idle or full throttle.

We have slowed down at poker runs with so many bigger boats now, we just pick a speed to to enjoy the ride.

We cruise a lot on river trips and the extra midrange would be nice.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbtnt
We cruise a lot on river trips and the extra midrange would be nice.
That's exactly why I run them right there! Must be P5X's not P5's. I found mine barely used from another OSO member mv35 in New York. $750 a piece

I don't have enough hp to tear anything up, so that's not a concern.

Aren't you running hp500's?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I'm runnin a pair 625hp, 540na.

I remember seeing those for sale a while and thought about them.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

I'm trying to round up a group purchase on shorties if anyone's interested. I'm going to get a set if the price is right and if we can get enough guys together to make it happen.

click here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120414
Old 01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Harper220, I just read your offer to put together a group buy on drives. You say your drives are 1/2" - 1" above the lowest part of the sponsons. You really need to measure right in front of the prop shaft to get your dimension. Eliminator did not always use the same distance between engines (drives) back in in the 1999 - 2001 era. Measuring the way you are in reference to the lowest spot on the sponsons, the farther apart the drives are, the lower the X dimension.

Be sure to measure both sides, I saw a 30' where there was an inch difference between sides.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
I'm trying to round up a group purchase on shorties if anyone's interested. I'm going to get a set if the price is right and if we can get enough guys together to make it happen.

click here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120414
harper i sent you a message i can hook you up on the shorties I can also get you a deal on a monster tab from dana if your interested

my drives are 2" above the bottom on my 33daytona i am running 32 pitch p5x props
Old 01-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by khadley
harper i sent you a message i can hook you up on the shorties I can also get you a deal on a monster tab from dana if your interested

my drives are 2" above the bottom on my 33daytona i am running 32 pitch p5x props
It looks like a boat with #6's with the rooster's it throws too!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdnca1
It looks like a boat with #6's with the rooster's it throws too!
Attached Thumbnails 28 TD Daytona x dimension question?-cumberlandpr1.jpg  
Old 01-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

In these pictures, does it look like I'd be safe going up 2" with IMCO shorties? I'm roughly 1" below bottom directly in front of the gearcases.

This would put me at 1" above bottom. Would this make sense to do?
Attached Thumbnails 28 TD Daytona x dimension question?-dcp_0600-large-.jpg   28 TD Daytona x dimension question?-dcp_0602-large-.jpg   28 TD Daytona x dimension question?-dcp_0601-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 28 TD Daytona x dimension question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.