Trim posistion on 30 Daytona with boxes for top speed >

Trim posistion on 30 Daytona with boxes for top speed

Notices

Trim posistion on 30 Daytona with boxes for top speed

Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim posistion on 30 Daytona with boxes for top speed

Ok after doing some playing with the boat all week. Im finding it alot different than my lil 25 I had before. Once thing I notice is it seems to take an extreme amount of trim to get the top end out of the boat. Is this normal with you other guys that have 30's with extension boxes?

My 25 ran best with a just a click or two of trim above flat. This 30 seems to run best trimmed over halfway up.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

what speeds are you seeing? What props are you running? I know ken(cattitude) will have some input on this but he is not back from TN yet.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TravisB
what speeds are you seeing? What props are you running? I know ken(cattitude) will have some input on this but he is not back from TN yet.
It's not much past neutral, thing is we need to calibrate mech indicators, find out how many actual degrees you get per notch, mine are heads up type and your are prolly the more conventional one, seems like 3 notches past neutral and my R's go up but speed starts dropping.....
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered

Im seeing about 7-8 on the regular mechanical style to get top speed. If I lower them the speed drops dramatically. I just wondered if it may be due to the open bow?
So far Ive seen 85-86 mph with full tanks of fuel,medium load of gear and 3 people in it. It had a lil more in it but I ran out of room to keep going.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered

Wayne, first you have to confrim where 7-8 actually is relative to measured neutral using a straitedge and square on the trailer. Speed sounds about right, takes a while to stretch the mild power out
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

Ill have to double check those measurements.I also need to adjust one indicator as its slightly off from the other one. I just think it takes alot more trim on the 30 compared to the 25 just from the looks of the rooster tails Im shooting out the back. Some of that could be the extension boxes I guess.
Thanks for the tip Ken Ill try and measure those next time Im down at the lake playing with it.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

my 30 throws a lot more rooster neutral trim and up, 2-4 feet seems to be the efficiency zone- are your props turning in?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cattitude
are your props turning in?
Yet another good question. I glanced at em and they appear to be turning in.
Im sure they are set up ever how eliminator set em up. Im awaiting a call back from Eliminator to ask a few questions on why the boat is setup the way it is.

Last edited by stangjeeper; 06-11-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

ken I will have to follow you one day but I would guess your rooster at a little more than 2-4 ft. of course I cant hang with you at full throttle either so who knows.....
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

2-4' off the surface shooting back how far? Mine at WOT picking up speed appeared to be 6-8' tall and shooting back 40-50'. I spoke briefly with Eliminator today and they suggested that it would take more trim to get the open bow to top speed as opposed to the closed bow.

Quick Reply: Trim posistion on 30 Daytona with boxes for top speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.