25 daytona questions >

25 daytona questions

Notices

25 daytona questions

Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyJohnson
I am not sure of rpm at WOT since I just bought the boat a few months ago and I'm getting use to it and don't want to blow the drive up. This past weekend I was running 4500 rpm at 80.5 gps. I probably could have trimmed a little more out of it.

As for the SCX I meant lower dimensions not SCX lower even though we did discuss that. They did say to run the SC lower but I will blow those up too. I am willing to lose a few mph to keep from blowing these up but what is the high speed handling concern?

SCX upper for sure is the plan.

Imco thought the big gearcase could cause some stern lift at speed. Not Good.

I have 40 hrs on my SC lower and no issues so far. 900 hp and 870lbf. As long as you don't beat on it. an SC will live.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
psi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dirty.... Yes... that is the 3in raised 12inch set back Ex. box.... Like I explained before not sure ho much we can relate my x dimension set up cause the motor is so drastically different...(1 main difference is weight)I can tell you guys this at 7200Rpm with a 1.65 gear and a non labbed 30 Bravo ive ran a best of 110MPH....Have a 34 to try next....Also Dirty, thanks about the kind words on the engine package...im hopin to turn some real heads with it....was at LOTO but ran into some lil issues so I didnt run it..but I most definately will next year.....
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by psi
Hey Dirty.... Yes... that is the 3in raised 12inch set back Ex. box.... Like I explained before not sure ho much we can relate my x dimension set up cause the motor is so drastically different...(1 main difference is weight)I can tell you guys this at 7200Rpm with a 1.65 gear and a non labbed 30 Bravo ive ran a best of 110MPH....Have a 34 to try next....Also Dirty, thanks about the kind words on the engine package...im hopin to turn some real heads with it....was at LOTO but ran into some lil issues so I didnt run it..but I most definately will next year.....
WOW, 5in total raise. Looking at your pic, your box is the same height in relation to the rub rail as my assy. According to Eliminator the bottoms haven't changed just the tops. I don't know when they changed the steps though. Is that a single or twin step? What is your new x-dimension? Why not a 1.5 gear set and 30"?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM
psi
Registered

OK, lets see where to start...when I purchased the boat from Eliminator it already had the -2in lower on it. When U measured the prop shaft (or front of the nose cone) in level trim it was about 3inches below the bottom. Ofcourse like everyone else thinks, including myself that it was too low and working closely with Grant from Grants custom rigging(throttle man of the STIHL offshore Skater) we figured we raise the drive and do the gear change. Also 1 of my biggest issues like everyone im sure knows already is planing, which is where we thought the gear change would help the most, I have a set of 1.50's that came in the upper when the boat was purchased and used them for about 10hrs before I opted to try the 1.65's....after using the 1.65's I dont think I would ever go back to the 1.50's.... Also I might add with the gear change, I had different cam profiles made along with trying many different turbos to help the planing issues...finally I designed and fabricated an Aerator to resolve the planing issues..... Regarding your question and the double step, Im assuming we have the same bottom but check the pic to be sure...

Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by psi
OK, lets see where to start...when I purchased the boat from Eliminator it already had the -2in lower on it. When U measured the prop shaft (or front of the nose cone) in level trim it was about 3inches below the bottom. Ofcourse like everyone else thinks, including myself that it was too low and working closely with Grant from Grants custom rigging(throttle man of the STIHL offshore Skater) we figured we raise the drive and do the gear change. Also 1 of my biggest issues like everyone im sure knows already is planing, which is where we thought the gear change would help the most, I have a set of 1.50's that came in the upper when the boat was purchased and used them for about 10hrs before I opted to try the 1.65's....after using the 1.65's I dont think I would ever go back to the 1.50's.... Also I might add with the gear change, I had different cam profiles made along with trying many different turbos to help the planing issues...finally I designed and fabricated an Aerator to resolve the planing issues..... Regarding your question and the double step, Im assuming we have the same bottom but check the pic to be sure...
From the look of that last pic the transom assy is not touching the rub rail. The bottom is the same as mine. They haven't changed them in 10 yrs then. That is what Eliminator said too just not sure when they switched to twin step. Did you measure from the lowest point on the sponsons? I think mine is only 2.5 in without a shorty.

Ken, didn't mean to take over your thread, hope all this helps since there is no clear answer on what height to go with.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
psi
Registered

Thumbs up

Most definately didnt wanna take over Kens thread but give some of my feedback as well....I most definately did measure from the bottom of the sponsons...thats the only place to measure from! My biggest thing was...where the drive was mounted, I was basically stuck... 0 option to go up unless I put a -3 lower which the 15 1/4 bravo wouldna fit unless I cut the cavitation plate...wasnt gonna do that... so I went for the 3in rise and now if I want I can always lower it with a spacer....gonna keep testing with the way its set up and keep ya guys posted

I NEED SPEED!!!! LOL
Old 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

are you guys measuring from the bottom of the sponsons before or after the notch?