Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
2000 33 eliminator hop >

2000 33 eliminator hop

Notices

2000 33 eliminator hop

Old 11-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane, tell Thane that Don Johnson sent you, he is my neighbor in AZ. Thane is a really busy guy so please respect that. On my 99 33 Daytona what was done was the 2 huge steps were filled to a much smaller and conventional step. Then some rocker was removed and straigtened the last 5-6 feet. The bottom worked much better but as I said was far from perfect. It got the boat settled down and I could drive thru the hop as long as there was 1-2 chop. If the water was smooth forget about it, no driving thru the hop. Lastly the boat always had a pronounced outward lean at speeds under 50 MPH. After 50 it would turn flat but after 80 MPH took a ton of wheel input to course correct. Bottom line the pre 2001 bottom is a bad design. Eliminator and I spent a lot of money and time getting mine somewhat manageable......Mine ran a best of 138 MPH with 1,100's and B Max drives. Depending on conditions, the boat would take a set around 120 MPH. I spent a lot of time testing x dimension and props, they did nothing to help the handling issues. In the end the only thing that helped was the extensive bottom work that was done. Also the boat liked 36 Bravo 4 blades the best and 1/4" inward camber on the drives. I hope this helps you.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Just as a tip-in, Greg Olsen's 33 Daytona ran 192 2 years ago at LOTO...top performer, with Gary Teague motors and #6 drives.

Greg also was King of the Desert in the same boat in 2009 in Havasu...

Check youtube and watch the videos...
Old 11-21-2014, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

One of my favorite 33 Daytonas from a few years ago...

http://youtu.be/mYj6J_2IRmc
Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Shoreline video of the same boat...notice the "LACK" of bow rise...the 33'D just pops and goes...
This was with NO trim and NO tab... :cool

http://youtu.be/ZhkaK_7NSpw
Old 11-21-2014, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Default Desert Storm 2009

Greg's run in the Shootout...

http://youtu.be/xeRlVpcirIQ Excellent camera work by SpotOn...
Old 11-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Eliminatorshane
SlighT hop???? Tell that too everyone who has privately contacted me and some on this thread. Try 80 -105.... maybe with some ***** engines. I wouldn't be so pissed if some people didn't tell me about the excuses that have been thrown out there. If you want one hell of a deal come get mine. Has 100,000 in engines and perfect shape. Tons of options. 75,000 and it books for 106,000.
understand you so well bro !!
Before buying mine CC never hop, after the deal and driving boat myself it hops all the time
After 3 years now, sorry to say this but it is in hull design.
Boat want to go exact position but drives, props, cg, x-dim, in/out, etc. not allowed to do that.
Same thing with CC can make it less but never get it away..
It is too accuracy for running position (angle).
Maybe it is pontoon angle (more "V" degree could help) maybe something else.

Have try weight to bow weight to stern, different props no help.
Now i have #6 shafts and prop world is open..
Next season will try big tunnel tab..

Good luck to you
Old 11-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

What type of drives did the yellow Daytona have? With what power? .Im surprised with so many newer Daytona"s out there that no one other then Eliminator hasn't piped in and said their boat runs without hop ? Maybe time to re-think this and get a row boat .Any Eliminator owners out there with newer hull ?
Thank you everyone
Old 11-22-2014, 06:23 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,326 Likes on 1,489 Posts

I'm not a cat guy (I wish to be someday) so I have absolutely no understanding of them but I'm gonna say this probably dumb thing I always assumed: that hopping was from the air starting to pack and release under the tunnel, and not a bottom thing.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Here's the Yellow 33' Daytona built back in the mid 2000's...
TCM 900hp power and drives...ran 140 right off the trailer smooth as silk, quick set w/o trim or tab...

http://youtu.be/ls5NhnIUo4U Proof is in the vids...I've got more if you need 'em? The 33'D needs good power to push it along (700's +)...525's won't do it...

Last edited by shueman; 11-22-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
I'm not a cat guy (I wish to be someday) so I have absolutely no understanding of them but I'm gonna say this probably dumb thing I always assumed: that hopping was from the air starting to pack and release under the tunnel, and not a bottom thing.

Not a bottom thing... Yes if it is an aeroplain, but we want cat keep staying on water..

So yes pontoon bottoms has own efect for the cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.