New to me 28 TD driving advice >

New to me 28 TD driving advice

Notices

New to me 28 TD driving advice

Old 09-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 28 TD driving advice

Hello all, I have just recently purchased a 99 28TD Daytona. The boat has twin 572 natural aspirated motors making 625hp, imco drives with standard lowers and 31p 5 blade props turning in. X dimension is even with the bottom of the boat, and no boxes. Only had the boat out 3 or 4 times, and have only made a handful of top end runs but I have only seen 97 on GPS so far.... this was at about 5200-5300 rpm's and trimmed out decently well. Looking for some driving tips on this hull, or set up changes. I have had cats in the past, and everything I have read and discussed regarding this setup I thought I would be up in the 110-115 mph range. Thinking I need to go with the imco -2 lowers to get some speed back? What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for any input. (as I understand it 496HO boats are breaking 100)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Drive ratio? Prop diameter? How fresh are the engines?
All could be part of the lack of speed issues.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Registered

I had a 28 with 625/540's that ran 110-115. The center of the nose cones were 3" below the bottom. My friend had s 30 that was 2" below and when he put them even (or close) he picked up 5-10 mph. Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Registered

I started this same thread in General boating discussion and have three pages of conversation over there. If you feel like following along... ezrider, do you remember how much trim you and your buddy's boat required?