Daytona Knowledge... >

Daytona Knowledge...

Notices

Daytona Knowledge...

Old 05-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daytona Knowledge...

Hey all, I've been off the water since 2014! Time to get back into proper work/play rotation again. My 1st (and so far only) boat was a 77' Infinity Day Cruiser, 21', standard BBF 460 with the Berkley Jet...everything functioned well, especially the fuel intake, OMG that thing was guzzler!
I am currently in the market for a new hole in my head. After some research I have decided on a classic, 18-25', non-jet power plant under $20k. I stumbled over some nice Eliminator Daytona's in my price range...never ridden or drove a cat...if anyone can chime in on the pros/cons of cat hulls that would be awesome! Both were I/Os.
Hope to see everyone on the water sooner than later!
Chris~

Old 06-09-2022, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 689 Likes on 320 Posts

The place to get knowledge about the smaller Eliminator Daytona models is on the Riverdavesplace Forum Offshore only might have been more responsive if you were after say a Daytona 36. I like the Daytona 23 and 25 for general lake boating. Best of luck in finding your next boat. Can't go wrong with an Eliminator, but check for rot, since in your price range you will have to suffice with an older boat.

The following 2 users liked this post by larslindroth:
Fountain38 (06-13-2022), rak rua (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 08:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

Pretty sane advice ^^ about Eliminators. All good boats but like anything that age, transom and floor could be wet.
The 21’ Daytona is probably an all time classic, I’m not sure who won the latest argument on which manufacturer made the first of those hulls but Cougar is also in the mix.

I wouldn’t normally steer someone away from OSO but scream and fly is also a good resource for info on boats that size. It’s cool to follow more than one forum anyway. 🙂

Gotta ask, would you consider outboard power? Very simple, low maintenance and economical. Always a few Eliminator 21’s coming on the market. Spent some time in an Aussie version (built under license) many years ago and it was a lot of fun for the money.

Cat Vs mono…… cat is faster but when it gets rough, the mono will cut the chop better. Cat needs speed to get air under the hull and create lift which is great until it gets rough. Can be a hairy ride at speed in bigger waves. Depends on where you’re boating.

Happy shopping!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 06-10-2022 at 08:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (06-13-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 689 Likes on 320 Posts

Jared Powell writes excellent articles in his Wave to Wave Performance Boat Magazine. Here's a fab article describing tunnel hull designs, rigged with outboards, among them the Eliminator Daytona models.

Wave to Wave article by Jared Powell.

Classic 21 Daytona with twin outboards.