Excalibur questions...

Notices

Excalibur questions...

Old 11-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Excalibur questions...

Matt,
I have the engines done, and currently doing some work on the outdrives, (some how I got a small crack on one of the lowers next to the prop), so the restoration continues, but there definently is light at the end of the tunnel. I will be more than happy to go to some poker runs although I may need to add a giant out board, or an airboat fan to my 454's to keep up with you, ,
Old 11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Zanie, NICE BOAT!! Keep up the great work.

I thought you had a red one!!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered

Re: Excalibur questions...

I'M telling you guys I am really impressed,WE have virtually started an Excaliber club!!!!Thanks to grant and all his info. and dedication we are getting the history of a great era in boating history!These boats where for-runners to some of the great sport boats of our time!!Me and my buddy down here in florida are working hard to get our Two excalibers done and get boating.We need to get our offical site going I am not that computer knowledgable,that said we need somebody to volenteer for the job , we also need to set up meets down here in florida and elsewhere where we can show off our little gems!!Anybody with suggestions please e-mail me at [email protected] . As for the father of these great little boats I hope he is healing from his stroke,My dad had a really bad one about a year ago and today I am proud to say has completly recovered.So lets keep going on this !!!!! dave
Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Re: Excalibur questions...

Ditto's.........
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Re: Excalibur questions...

Hey Matt, do you know Fred Hall personally? If so have you spoken to him lately. I was in the boat crash with him in 1980. We hit a seawall almost head on at 60 MPH in a 27' Excalibur in Fort Lauderdale. The boat broke into three pieces and stayed afloat for many hours after the impact. It was a horrific crash and Fred took on the most damage. Fred saved our lives by pulling the wheel back to the left at the last second from the idiot who was driving. If we had taken a direct hit on the center of the bow it would have killed us all. I spent 2 months in full traction in Mercy hospital in miami, and recovered completely. I cannot say the same for Fred, I am sure he still feels remnants of the crash today. Grant Allen.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered

Has any one heard of Lloyd Barker?, And if so what significance does he have with Excalibur.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Excal
Hey Matt, do you know Fred Hall personally? If so have you spoken to him lately. I was in the boat crash with him in 1980. We hit a seawall almost head on at 60 MPH in a 27' Excalibur in Fort Lauderdale. The boat broke into three pieces and stayed afloat for many hours after the impact. It was a horrific crash and Fred took on the most damage. Fred saved our lives by pulling the wheel back to the left at the last second from the idiot who was driving. If we had taken a direct hit on the center of the bow it would have killed us all. I spent 2 months in full traction in Mercy hospital in miami, and recovered completely. I cannot say the same for Fred, I am sure he still feels remnants of the crash today. Grant Allen.
Grant,
I got a hold of a friend of Freds today by email. He has requested information on my boat, which he used to own, and would like to get on this site. I am sending him all the information on how to do so.

The last time I saw Fred was over 5 years ago in Sarasota.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Question for Don Abel, Welcome aboard Don. You guys built me a new Black 40 Hawk just as Bill Farmer was selling company to Wellcraft, Feb. 1984 I was wondering how many 40 Hawks did you guys build at Bill Farmers plant and how many 40 Hawks at the Wellcraft plant. Also some of the Farmer built 40 Hawks had notched transoms and some say they had a 40 Hawk from Farmer without the notch. Any idea way. ? Thanks for any information. Jon
Attached Thumbnails Excalibur questions...-hawk40.jpg  
Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered

MATT----THAT IS CORRECT---A FEW WEEKS AGO I WENT TO JIM CHAPEL'S BIRTH DAY--FRED HALL WAS THERE ALSO-DAVE WOJANASOYI (please do nt tell dave how i spelled his name) ---youre namme came up---ahhhh-the good ole days-----don
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Registered

JON---WE BUILT APROX 30-40 HAWKS---NOTCHED TRANSOM WAS AN OPTION--WELLCRAFT (in their infinite wisdom )--built 3 40 hawks but did build aprox 20 EAGLES----YOUR HAWK LOOKS GREAT

Quick Reply: Excalibur questions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.