Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
40 Excalibur in Maryland >

40 Excalibur in Maryland

Notices

40 Excalibur in Maryland

Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, I am a high performance boat and engine surveyor in Md. Call me if you need a survey

Tom Martin
Martin Marine Surveying
215-852-6641
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

I know Mike Sweeney, If he is not selling a big 200K plus boat he does not want to be bothered. It is a shame since things are slow in the business now.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

Im not saying the boat is bad by any means, but it definatley needs some TLC imo. Maybe even some unseen repairs. Mike Sweeney was very accomedating and so was the owner allowing us to see the boat. Mike is a good guy to work with, its too bad I didnt want as much of a project as I found. just me .02...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered

Wow What are those pics from.

My 1958 tractor looked better than that when I tore it down.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Hey John,Those pics are from a 1978 35' Cigarette Mistress.Believe it or not this boat was totally redone in 2000 and sold to someone in 2001 who just about destroyed her before I got ahold of her about 9 months ago.Shows you how fast a boat can go down with no maintenance!I am doing all the work myself but the parts still get pretty pricey$$$$.I would recommend looking at her in person,she has been for sale for awhile and I don't think she will go anywhere this winter.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

My wife liked this boat she said its was big and simple.

I think I'm starting to see why see likes me...LOL

Anyway we like boats thats aren't to over the top as far as color goes, conservative or timeless would be a good way to put it I guess.

Thanks for all the support.

John
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

If I lived a little closer I would go check it out for you.I live in Navarre,Fl. if you find something around my area let me know and I will check it out for you.Will keep my eyes open if I see anything.Here is a pic of my cigarette when it arrived at my house.Last pic is of boat is when it was restored in 2000 two owners ago.I like the old simple classic boats too!
Ben
Attached Thumbnails 40 Excalibur in Maryland-cig-dogs-090.jpg   40 Excalibur in Maryland-cig-dogs-018.jpg   40 Excalibur in Maryland-updating5.jpg  

Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered

I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me my office is in Cape Canaveral Florida and I live in Fort Worth Texas.

I could drop by and look at a boat within a reasonable distance from either place.

Nice looking boat you have there.

Oh and my dad showed me a trick you can use on your wood dash if you need to.

First you strip the wood then you soak it with a little water(distilled) for 30 minutes then you use an iron and a wet towel, place the towel over the dent put the iron on high and steam the crap out of the wood, the steam released will raise most dents, wait till the wood dries out and then you just refinish it.

It works on gun stocks to.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the wood tip,I have alot of teak on this boat I need to refinish.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

When I was about five years old my dad had a really good friend named danny that had an off shore with teakwood everywhere on it. It was a really nice boat it was a (black thunder) I think.

The whole cabin was teak and the floor of the cockpit was too I think the hatches in the back were to it had surface drives and two aluminum big blocks of some kind.

He and my dad would always race, dad's boat back then would run 83 on radar and he was just a little bit faster, but but danny's boat would leave us in rough water.

Quick Reply: 40 Excalibur in Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.