Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!! >

"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!

Notices

"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KSims1868
Nothing yet. The motor is now installed. Just wating for Jeff to return from Florida and get all hooked up and adjusted.
Probably be another week.
Looks like I'll get it just in time to winterize it and store it for a few months. I'll probably run it once...then put it up for the winter. Plan to spend the winter cleaning up a few details like the stereo (or lack of) and maybe work on the cabin (also practically gutted) a little bit.
Hawk, you gonna be around tomorrow? I'll be up in your neck of the woods in the morning. Have a couple errands to run up that way. text me at 832.439.5304

As far as the update, I popped it off a couple times in the building this afternoon. Sounds pretty good with the 500EFI cam in it and the dry exhaust.

Need a couple little parts that I have ordered. Weather was really chitty today, so I didn't get it out. Fog was so thick I couldn't see across the cove. Should be back early enough tomorrow to get it out and adjust timing, carb on the trailer. If all goes well and it is early enough, I can hang it in the boat lift. If not then Wed. Spend the rest of the week shaking it down, and get her to you Sat morn.

Here is a pic from friday night.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

oops
Attached Thumbnails "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!-cimg0225.jpg  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Probably gonna need a bigger prop this week too.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

She is sounding healthy. It was getting pretty late for an initial run today, so I am going to try for the morning. Weather is supposed to be awesome Fri, so we should be able to shake her out Friday.
Attached Thumbnails "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!-cimg0229.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I ran it last saturday. Engine and boat run good. Real healthy sound with the 500 cam and the dry exhaust.

Have a charging issue with the alternator and some of the fitting on the power steering pump are wrong. Stuff I did not rig, just what came with the boat.

Rebuilding alternator, and reworking power steering lines, and then she'll be ready to go this weekend if the weather is OK.

Pretty cool little boat. Looks great in the water.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's this boat coming along? My step dad is in the clear lake area with another 27 speedster. We head up to livingston about once a year with the boat, but are up that way a few times a year. Hope to see ya around.

Ernie
Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
How's this boat coming along? My step dad is in the clear lake area with another 27 speedster. We head up to livingston about once a year with the boat, but are up that way a few times a year. Hope to see ya around.

Ernie
The boat is together and runs great. We have been troubleshooting a small problem that we inherited from the previous owner.

I am sure we will have it worked out soon. The weather was chitty for the last couple weeks, so we havn't really had a lot of chances to get it out and work on it. Should be good weather all week though.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Succesful lake test today. Boat is quick.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of speeds are you getting
Old 01-24-2024, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Excalibur

Where is this Excalibur at now!??? I know it was many years ago but I figured I’d ask lol thanks Shane if anyone has a 27 speedster pm me