1st Run in my 27' Excalibur >

1st Run in my 27' Excalibur

Notices

1st Run in my 27' Excalibur

Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Run in my 27' Excalibur

Took the Excalibur out for my 1st run Sunday. Weather was great here in the Houston area, but it was very windy in the bay.
Let me start with...it was awesome. Man the motor/exhaust sounds great. I didn’t open up all the way because I need to re-jet the carb and I wanted to take it easy on the new motor. Never turned it past 4000 rpm.

Got a chance to really get a feel for her though since it wasn't freezing outside. This thing is light and FAST.
There was a Baja about 4-5 boat lengths ahead of me going balls-out and we blew by him. His jaw dropped when I made him look like he was sitting still. That was fun. I saw him later at lunch when I stopped for a snack. Of course the 1st thing he asks, "what is that boat and what motor is in it?"

Then I went out to the Bay for a little bit to see how she handles the chop. There were 2-3’ waves and it was very windy out in the Bay...which the light bow doesn't like too much. But she jumped on top and cut through like a knife…no problem. The K-planes will make a big difference when they are working. I haven't messed with them yet, but will get it sorted out this month along with the carb jetting.

Should be a fun summer. Can't wait to get back out there and run her again after I get the jetting done and can really put her through the paces. I plan to run it as is this season and save up a little $$ for some gelcoat/paint work next winter. Along the way I'll deal with the "extras" like a stereo system, clean up the interior, etc...

Definitely felt great to be cruising in a true classic with modern muscle.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Conrgats man. They are fun boats. I had 280 K planes on mine and they helped alot. Plus I used to put a couple sand bags in the nose when it was rough (about 160lbs) that also helped. Post some pics when you get a chance..........
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post