Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
1980 Excalibur 38 help please!!! >

1980 Excalibur 38 help please!!!

Notices

1980 Excalibur 38 help please!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 Excalibur 38 help please!!!

Hey everyone just bought me a x 38 this weekend and found myself neck deep in history and what seems to be good folks and possibly several thousands of dollars later a good boat...maybe!!

Ok the owner left her in a field uncovered for Ohhh about 8-10 years nose of the trailer in the dirt and you guessed it full of water...with this being said where would I even start to finding parts for her??? Seems everyone in Houston turns their nose up when you mention 1980...also is there anyway to trace the hin number to see what the deal with this boat started from??

Thanks in advance on any help
Matt
Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Be prepared to spend more than what you could buy one running for! But this way you can spend when you want how you want. As far as parts goes you cans find everything you'll need here on oso just look through the swap shop
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 38 X
Hey everyone just bought me a x 38 this weekend and found myself neck deep in history and what seems to be good folks and possibly several thousands of dollars later a good boat...maybe!!

Ok the owner left her in a field uncovered for Ohhh about 8-10 years nose of the trailer in the dirt and you guessed it full of water...with this being said where would I even start to finding parts for her??? Seems everyone in Houston turns their nose up when you mention 1980...also is there anyway to trace the hin number to see what the deal with this boat started from??

Thanks in advance on any help
Matt
A good start would be to contact TXHawk here on the boards. He lives in Texas and is very knowledgable about these boats. Maybe he could help...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Best of luck!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Be prepared to spend more than what you could buy one running for! But this way you can spend when you want how you want. As far as parts goes you cans find everything you'll need here on oso just look through the swap shop
Thank you for the quick response, and agreed it is a project for me and my son and as seen already a ton of history to go with it!! But def would rather build what I want rather then buying and having to change it to what I want!! I'll try to get some pictures and progress reports as soon as I can figure out the picture thing!!

Thanks again
Matt
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Good luck !
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is my uncles old 38. It went to Texas in 1988.
Attached Thumbnails 1980 Excalibur 38 help please!!!-excaibur.jpg  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Cig3 would you have anymore pics of your uncles boat?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full of water is one thing, but full of water nose down on the trailer that is the worst case scenario, every single piece of wood on that boat will need to be replaced from transom to bow. Sounds like you bought it cheap and hopefully got the trailer too... you should strip it rebuild the trailer and find another dry(er) hull.

does it have motors in it? if it does try gettin them going if they were winterized they could still turn over. I bought a boat for 500 bucks with trailer last year that was full of water i cleaned it out ripped out the rotted deck changed the oil rebuilt the carb did the bellows and its ran f**ckin awesome. Sometimes people stop using these boats for the stupidest reasons, mine was left to rot because it had a ripped shift cable bellows
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Registered

Trailer is in perfect shape just need some new tires and a afternoon flushing the brakes and now it pulls amazing, has twin 454's, motors were covered but for how long idk...got a mechanic that's gonna get into them and see if they are functioning. Out drives work, one needs a crack welded but other than that in good shape. The steering works, controls do as well. So the cabin needs to completely come out down to the hull and be replaced?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.