Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
'82 Excalibur -38:  What I/O engines came with it? >

'82 Excalibur -38: What I/O engines came with it?

Notices

'82 Excalibur -38: What I/O engines came with it?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

As far as telling how much fuel this boat will drink, I'm going to reset the engine computers to zero in the fuel consumption section and see what happens. 13GPH would be nice and the first owner documented that stat from Ft, Lauderdale to Nassau, but I'm still skeptical. We shall see soon...I hope...weather permitting...boat gods permitting....and if Mr. Murphy stays the hell out of my way for once.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Registered

I'm going down to her tomorrow after work to do some cleanup and then Friday to test everything on the trailers. My fingers are crossed.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did ya get out on the old gal this weekend ? I am hoping all was good we are waitin to hear some good stories from ya !!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 64294501
Did ya get out on the old gal this weekend ? I am hoping all was good we are waitin to hear some good stories from ya !!!
+1, I want to see some pics of this old girl running
Old 08-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Registered

No, it stayed in the pen with the other boats this past weekend. I decided to replace all hydraulic lines in the engine bay and have one more to put on.

Plus, the weather God's hate me. Well, actually the boat is causing this issue because it apparently hates it's name. Look up "boilermaker" on urbandictionary.com and you'll see why. So, I'm going to change the name to "Rain Maker" since it rains every time I get near it. Hopefully the boat likes that much better and starts to cooperate. I also bought two new batteries that wouldn't hold more than a 12.3v charge even after a full trickle charge. So, I have new ones coming Thursday or Friday and I'm rigging in a total of 4 (in parallel...2 in the engine compartment where they originally went and 2 on the sides of the boat in the storage area between the rear bench and the bulkhead separating the engine compartment from the rest of the boat). I also did a complete cleaning of the injectors and the fuel delivery system again just for good measure.

Poseidon willing.....
Old 08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Registered

Well, another update. Each engine has a fuel pump to push fuel to the high pressure pump. Both of the smaller ones sucking fuel out of the tanks failed. No biggie as we rebuilt them. Both ignition switches failed so screw it...they got replaced to. I turned both to the on position, then off, then back on again a few times until my fuel pressure gauges on each motor read 50psi.

Viola. They both fired right up. All the hydraulics work with no leaks. All of the cooling system is good with no leaks (new hoses allt he way around), and now I'm just cleaning up the tools. I am confident enough to say it's ready as I have seen both props spinning in the correct directions.

Now, maybe I can find a way to crowd-source fuel
Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool looking boat
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Good luck with her
Old 08-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright barnacle I'm praying you are out and about on that ole hot rod farmer boat !!!! we need some updates and pics of ur progress. Did ya change the name ? And how much money did ya send to OPEC ?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

I have a video of her running yesterday getting her warmed up before putting her in. Then a line on the power steering cylinder on port drive stripped out. So close...so close. I've done some stupid stuff in my life time but never on the water. So back in the holding pen it went. My date was disappointed but understanding. I'll have this cylinder fixed tomorrow though.

So close...at least when I get it in the water I will know I did a complete and correct overhaul and can trust the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.