Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Extreme
New 29' Extreme F1 Open >

New 29' Extreme F1 Open

Notices

New 29' Extreme F1 Open

Old 06-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't this the "new" Extreme 29...the Phantom 30 Sportster has been around a few years..Twisted Chix was running F1 in...well its old enough to be grandfathered....so who would be the master?
Old 06-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally posted by KenD
Couldn't help but notice the similarities. As you can see, "grasshopper" has learned well from his former master:

Phantom 30 Sportster:
KenD - Mark was the maker of Phantom, Will just sold the boats. Mark was the master tooler and builder. Although the deck looks simular, I can assure you the boats are in no way alike. The bottom is TOTALY different and I must say, faster as proven. Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Registered

KenD - I have personally helped in the building of these molds and I can assure you , NOTHING came from Phantom as you believe !!! You need to check your info before replying. The first pic is the tooling for the deck mold.....duh. Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Hey Mike, A beak and a swim platform we might make it a 35 !!! Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

Wardey,
Yes... We do need to sit down in Savannah and go over a few things, and with a cold one, would be gooooooood.

Cya then, Ben
Old 06-25-2003, 07:39 AM
Registered

mark did build the phantoms. the extreme has revisions that set it apart form the phantom. mark can tell you all about it. mark did a great job with the 29' extreme and it's good to see the F1 boat. should make things pretty interesting at the worlds.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:42 AM
Registered

I guess I had that one comeing !!! What the F is that, an anchor pulpit ??? Don't let Reggie see that, he will steal the design........Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Registered

I swear I can hear Reggie saying that !!! Now, Boy's, Listen..... ....What we have hear is.... Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 09:39 AM
Registered

Gee Dave,

No reason to get yourself in an Extreme tizzy...I didn't say anything bad about your boat...just noticed how much it looks like a Phantom.

Yep, your right, says right there its a picture of the deck plug. Looks just like a....

Mark was the maker of Phantom and Will just sold the boats? I've never heard Will say a single unkind word about Mark. A Master wouldn't do that to his apprentice. Lets let that discussion be between Mark and Will.

NOTHING came from Phantom....a picture is worth a thousand words.

So, good luck with your new project. I'm sure the boat will be fast and handle well. Extreme boats have those qualities.

Best regards,

KenD
Old 06-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Registered

KenD - I have no problems here at all. I am just stating facts. I have no problem with Will either. The truth of the story is Mark tooled and built the Phantom's when they started out. Mark started Extreme a little later on. Being from the same tooler, I would say you could see some alikeness's. Dave Warden

Quick Reply: New 29' Extreme F1 Open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.