Notices

Awlcraft2000

Old 04-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awlcraft2000

Does anybody have any experience spraying Awlcraft2000?
My Deck was sprayed in 1993 in Awlgrip then wet sanded and buffed (previous owner had it done).
The MFGer doesn't recommend wet sanding and buffing Awlgrip. They say ,if you are going to do that, use the Awlcraft2000.

Well Acid rain took it's toll on my Awlgrip, and I'm going to reshoot the deck in Awlcraft2000.
Just straight White, no clear.
I've done more than my share of painting Imron and a little with AWLGRIP over the last 20 years, but this will be my first shot with Awlcraft 2000.

Anybody that HAS USED Awlcraft2000 have any tips?
Thanks,
DS
Old 04-09-2005, 07:30 AM
Registered

Default Re: Awlcraft2000

Awlcraft 2000 sprays just like Imron . Awlgrip is too damn hard to sand & buff , once you break the surface it wont hold a shine. Cobalt has been using Awlcraft 2000 on radar arches for a couple of years & the ones I've had to repair sprayed real nice.....Ricky
Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Awlcraft2000

DonziDog is right! AwlCraft is easier to repair also. It lays out great and keeps the wet edge alot longer than Imron. Different range reducers are available along w/ accelerator. Take the time b/t coats if it is 70 degrees or less because on vertical surfaces, it will flow! If you have to buff, 3 days later is too late. You shouldn't have to cuz it slicks out better than Imron and Concept. Plus it doesn't burn your eyes like AwlGrip! G$