boat painting 101 >

boat painting 101

Notices

boat painting 101

Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: boat painting 101

they race isn't intill Sat. Who approved this time off!!!! dave i need answers....
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At this rate your boat will be ready by November
Old 05-06-2005, 02:24 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he said it would be done by key west, no problem.....
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Key West '07

He shouldnt have any trouble visualizing the cock and balls on the side
Old 05-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

This thread is getting boring without pic's.Masher can we get some more uptodate pictures?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Re: boat painting 101

I am very interested in seeing how the hatch is done as this is something I have been thinking about since we got our Spectre last year, I went with the bent plastic windshield and you're correct Sean, it will completely change the boat, the pressure on your neck from the wind is drastically reduced, I like the idea of your windshield. I do have a question though, I had considered placing the hatch to one side so that I could access all the room in the hull, is your hatch going to be big enough to crawl into the hull or just for storage on top of the tunnel? I though I would put the hatch on the same side as the helm to make it easier to get access to the back of the dash, as it is now I have to remove the seat to be able to get up there.

Thanks for posting this thread it is very interesting(also entertaining )

Caleb
Old 05-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

I thought maybe putting some kind of netting around the hatch, so your stuff would not fly all over the boat.

CM
Old 05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timewarp
I am very interested in seeing how the hatch is done as this is something I have been thinking about since we got our Spectre last year, I went with the bent plastic windshield and you're correct Sean, it will completely change the boat, the pressure on your neck from the wind is drastically reduced, I like the idea of your windshield. I do have a question though, I had considered placing the hatch to one side so that I could access all the room in the hull, is your hatch going to be big enough to crawl into the hull or just for storage on top of the tunnel? I though I would put the hatch on the same side as the helm to make it easier to get access to the back of the dash, as it is now I have to remove the seat to be able to get up there.

Thanks for posting this thread it is very interesting(also entertaining )

Caleb
i put my hatch in between the bulkheads so i got the most use out of it and it was also the flattest spot so the hatch would work the easiet and fit flush.. the hatch is about 24x20 so it will be easy to crawl down through to get to things... it isn't directly behind the dash but it will still be easier than crawling under the dash, especially with the front seats still in place... i will have fender holders of some sort put in there for 4 8" fenders and lines.... i will be putting the quick pin cleats on the boat and therefore i will also be putting the 8 female ends in the hatch area too to hold the fenders and dock lines and keep them from rattling.... should be pretty cool when done... no pics right now, dave is at the derby this weekend... maybe he will post some tomorrow..... i am going up to do the final walk around thursday/friday before he starts laying some paint on it.....
Old 05-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds good, from the picture it was hard to tell if there was enough room to be able to crawl into either hull, I know it's got to be easier than crawling into there with the seats in, I can do it pretty easy on the passenger side but the steering wheel makes it near impossible with out removing the seat on the other side. I was just thinking about putting it to one side so you could drop straight down into the hull rather than crawling off the tunnel. I saw a 32 Skater with a cabin and that's how you accessed the cabin, through a hatch on the Port side, and most of the Flat deck Skater's I've seen have the hatch's to the side.

Caleb
Old 05-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well it apears you guys screwed off for the last three days

Quick Reply: boat painting 101

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.