Notices

blue printing

Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blue printing

OUCH! I didn't know there was an initiation in joining this forum!
I thought I could share what I have learned the hard way and learn from those who have done the same. I never intended to patronize, put-down,belittle or diminutive anybodies' skills, ability or talents!!( Do I need to reiterate this statement to make myself clear? I have no horn to blow, ESPECIALLY at anyones expense.
If ones ego keeps them from being receptive to anything outside their realm because they know it all: look out -change and taxes are inevitable.

Thank you Todd and Martiniboat. I was ready to delete this site from my Favorites when I saw your posts.(( THANKS))
Art, I believe Dave was making a comment about a painter having knowledge about a subject not normally in their scope of experience.(Dave, please correct me if I'm wrong) when he said,"sounds like you have spent some time in the biz ". My reply was to incorporate the cliche that you learn more with your eyes and ears open, but your mouth is closed. I try to learn from everyone I can even if I don't plan to actively ulitize the info. My experience is for credibility only. BTW, 6 guys do 12 boats a week for less than $20/hr and all small parts. The out-of-house jobs are not done in half a day and I believe they make a little more than the factory guys. Doesn't the custom shop down the street make the new cars on the dealers lot look "generic"? G$
Old 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

cuda, whatever yuu have to do to get an in-line sander to the higest point(usually the furtherest on transom. Cut down till you see glass then grind and fill lowest point however glassdave says. G$
Old 08-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Originally Posted by cuda
What did you fill it with? Did you have to flip the boat?
Yep, the Martini was flipped during the restoration phase and every square inch of 'cracked and crazed' gelcoat was removed. I used long strand fiberglass filler (for the hook) and typical marine putty to finish up the rest followed with Imron as the 'tini is a trailer boat.

That was a huge job (never again ) that was only slightly relieved by my Makita belt sander which I modified to accept a 48" x 'pit run' sanding belt. When she 'hooked up' you HAD to have a firm grip
Old 08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Gmoney do you have an Email address. i tried to send a private message through the forum but it wouldnt go through. thanks. just had a couple of questions for ya.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
Gmoney do you have an Email address. i tried to send a private message through the forum but it wouldnt go through. thanks. just had a couple of questions for ya.
Until he's a supporting member he can't get private messages.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

ahh . . .didnt catch that. email if ya got it will do.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

WOW! I'm speechless. I would feel honored to have you have it. Don't I need to get permission or sign something to do it? G$
Old 08-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Registered

gmoney, tough crowd in here at times....i knew exactly what you meant in your post. i've done it myself , you learn a lot sometimes if you stop and listen. maybe if people asked you to clarify your statement for them, before they slam one at you, you wouldn't have to feel like you should delete this site from your favorites. btw welcome to oso!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by art kern
Welcome Gmoney 52 . I Might Have Took What You Said The Wrong Way . I Apologize . I Think There Is A Lot Of Talent On This Site , In Fact Glass Dave & I Were Talking About It Last Nite , Grind , Grind , Grind , Glass, Grind , Fill , Sand, Prime , Paint , And All The Things We Bring To The Table , Comes With Experience . Once Again Welcome / Artie / A . K . A . /
Since were on the subject of how much you can learn on this site how come you haven't learned to compose a post that I don't need to read 3 times to make any sense of ? First off the back slash (/) is most commonly used when entering a web address, there are some other uses but you seem to love that key. Next, we only capatalize the first word in a sentence not all of them. Last but not least put down the crack pipe for atleast one hour prior to posting please, your hurting my brain.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Registered

OK... Last two posts aside.. LOL..

Gmoney52. I agree with you and understood what you said. You were simply responding to Dave's comment about you having some knowledge by stating that you've managed to pick up a few tidbits of info over the years by watching and listening without spouting off like you knew something when you didnt. Sometimes people get a little jaded around here from all of the fly by night quackpots who act like they are experts at everything. So I guess you can say there is a initiation process. Once you are around a little and contribute, people will respond knowing what you know and how legit you are. Welcome to the site and definately pony up for at least a Platinum Membership. Its well worth it.

Quick Reply: blue printing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.