Notices

Paint cost

Old 08-13-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint cost

I am getting ready for a project boat and more than likely it will be a bullet or cafe. What am I looking at as far as cost for a nice graph ic paint job with probably 3 or 4 overlays? I guess that what you would call it, correct me if Im wrong. Graphic over Graphic.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Paint cost

Something like this, but not to copy
Attached Thumbnails Paint cost-bullet6.jpg   Paint cost-cafe42.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

for something similar to the one in the pic on the left. just off the top of my head in the 20K+ range for a Bullet slightly more for the Cafe'. that would be if the boat is in good shape not needing a bunch of glasswork. those are actually two very different types of graphics. the one on the left is a bit simpler in that it has the majority of the graphics confined to the sides with some kind of treatment to the center raised portion of the deck but it does have a fade underneath everything keeping the cost up. the graphic on the right could very easily be in the 30K+ range depending on deck treatment. not only does it have a very long fade, the long draws on those sweeps are very difficult and require a good eye and great patience. many times have i layed out miles of tape only to pull it all off but thats what it takes to sneak up on the graphic . it really has to be tailored to the shape of the boat. best thing to do is set the price range you would like to stay within and than discuss ideas with the painter.

both great graphics, the one on the right is very cool. any better pics?

by the way . . . anything going on down there over labor day. i am going to be in New-Ahwlins from sept 2 to the 5th (as in fith of Cap'n Morgans )
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 08-13-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Registered

Dave. visit www.offbeat.com to see what bands are playing in NOLA when u are here.Click on listings Always something to do. It will be the last weekend of the summer at Tin Lizzys on Tickfaw River. They will be closed Labor Day. About 50 minutes from NOLA by car or boat. If you feel like getting out of dodge, check out this event http://www.shrimp-petrofest.org/
No Special Events with boats that i know of. Hope this helps Michael
Old 08-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered

Try sign zoo
Old 08-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Call Mitchet T
Great work and a nice guy.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by art kern
if you get a chance go to this guys web site , www.taod.org , his name is dean loucks , like dave said depending on what ever your pocket book will bare 20 , 30 , k , and that isnt that bad . i think if you look at how much work goes into some of these jobs and how elaborate thay are , you would freak . i have seen , and assisted ,with this guys work at skater . i have to tell you that his graphic work , along with his ability , to air brush is just awsome . i have seen some of his work in the 50 - plus k range and even more $ . i know that it is just paint , put it is also art . i hope you check his web site out because there are so many boats to look at , and get ideas from , the more elaborate , the more $ / A . K . A . /

Those are some sick paint jobs... You ought to read his profile.. Im guessing he is in Indiana..

I know there has to be some other GREAT PAINT Shops out there. Heres you chance to plug....

Glass were are you from?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:41 AM

what about you grafikworx?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 294 Likes on 101 Posts

i'm up in NW Ohio on lake Erie. i'm coming down to New Orleans for a bachelor party over labor day. just wondering what else is going on around there.

who did the jobs pictured? just curious. i really like the one on the right.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilecal
what about you grafikworx?
Thanx for asking . we are located about 10 miles away from Ft. Lauderdale. as far as price, really depends on the design, also if the boat is new or needs some body work ,and if we need to remove old graphics. starting with a clean or new boat.I would say the price others mentioned of $20, to $28,000 range is about right for the pictures that were posted. it also depends on how busy the shop is at the time ,could have an effect on the price.

Here is one we just finished in a higher price range
Attached Thumbnails Paint cost-132_3255-large-.jpg   Paint cost-132_3244-large-.jpg  

Last edited by grafikworx; 08-16-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Paint cost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.