Notices

Fill or Grind?

Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fill or Grind?

I have a 99 Baja 29 Outlaw. It has at least a 6" long hook on both sides of the outermost strakes. I did a search and can't find my answer. So do I fill in the hook or grind it off? It looks to me like it should be ground off rather than filled. I would think if it were to be filled it would have to have a ton of glass put in over a loooong distance to get it right.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fill or Grind?

Hey Jason, we met last summer a couple of times @ table Rock. The last time we hung out near Eagle Rock my wife & I had just bought our Fastech. Our Baja hammer had the same sort of hook as you are describing on your outlaw. I had heard that baja does that on purpose to achieve quicker planing. I don't know a whole lot about blue printing bottoms but I would be leary of grinding too much material away. Maybe a combo of both grinding & filling? I would hate to get a bottom too thin right where it meets the transom. Vanessa & I really enjoyed hanging out with you & your family maybe we will meet up next summer. Chris Stober