Which color white? >

Which color white?

Notices

Which color white?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which color white?

Vandeano, did you paint the bottom with the Awlgrip as well? Is that holding up just as nicely?

I assume you sprayed, but the rest of your shop isn't masked off... what type of gun did you use?

Thanks!
-Chris
Old 06-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Registered

I used a gravity spray gun. The bottom is holding up very well. Then again I dont leave it overnight in the ocean. The only part I couldn't paint is where the bunks on trailer are at. In the water you cant notice. Awlgrip 2000 is very forgiving so that any dust, orange peel, or particles that land on paint while drying just gets color sanded out any way. I have only 1 or 2 chips so far and that was from dropping a wrench on it. But I have no chips on front so far from being towed. So as far as I can see it is very durable. I have even used acid tone and brake cleaner to remove exhaust stains from the back and had no effect on the paint.
DONT FORGET THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF AWLGRIP. AWLGRIP 2000 IS THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN COLOR SAND. THE OTHER AWLGRIP IS FOR THE PROS ONLY!!!!

Last edited by vandeano; 06-22-2006 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Boat looks real nice...

When I repainted last winter (with a bunch of help from GlassDave) I used PPG Global and went with pure white. Then put the House of Kolor candies and pearls over that.

I wanted it to be blinding when you looked at it in the direct sunlight. I couldn't be happier with my results... No complaints from other boaters... only compliments so far.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DayTripper
Boat looks real nice...

When I repainted last winter (with a bunch of help from GlassDave) I used PPG Global and went with pure white. Then put the House of Kolor candies and pearls over that.

I wanted it to be blinding when you looked at it in the direct sunlight. I couldn't be happier with my results... No complaints from other boaters... only compliments so far.

Thanks......you have any pictures of yours? I would like to put graphics on mine. I bought a vinyl graphic cutter machine. I just have to figure out how to hook it up to my computer (software issues). I was looking at this type of design.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Registered

Thanks......you have any pictures of yours? I would like to put graphics on mine. I bought a vinyl graphic cutter machine. I just have to figure out how to hook it up to my computer (software issues). I was looking at this type of design.[/QUOTE]

I do have some before and after pix but have never posted any... don't know exactly how to go about it. Tell me how to go about it and I'll try and get them up here.

Tripper
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Go up to the menu bar on this site where it has all the available sites on here (Home, forums, Classifieds, etc. ect.) look for where it says "photos" click on there and look for "upload photos" then click on "browse" and do a search where your photos are. Then click "upload pictures" and it will put the pictures on this sites gallery. Then after it is uploaded click on "properties" for that photo and you will see http//..........just copy and save the whole section "http//......"and go to where you edite your post and click on the little box with a picture of a mountain it will say "insert image" and just paste the "http//........" in the box. Thats it. I know Im not the best instructor so maybe someone else can explain it better. Good luck

Last edited by vandeano; 06-23-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Here is a shot of my Baja before we repainted.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Registered

Picture is kinda small huh? How do I make it bigger???
Old 06-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Shot of my Baja after new paint over the winter.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

From what i can see...I LIKE THAT! I need some color like that! Is the graphics paint or vinyl? Your picture size I think has to do with resolution size it was taken at. It would be great if u could make them bigger.

I just went to the photo gallery and seen a larger picture......SWEEET! How are the graphics done?

Last edited by vandeano; 06-23-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Which color white?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.