Windshield/Fairing? >

Windshield/Fairing?

Notices

Windshield/Fairing?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield/Fairing?

Has anybody replaced the windshield on a boat with a fairing? If so, besides using metal, did anybody use fiberglass? Is there anybody on the board that does this kind of work? Cost maybe?

It is only a 26' boat, I just think it would look better with the winshield off.......

Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

We did this to our previous boat about 3 years ago. We did it ourselves.

Go under the owners forum, Chris Craft and under search this forum enter winter progress. You'll see a pretty lengthy thread on the work we did, but there are lots of pics of the fairing.

Not sure as far as who does that type of work.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

i did this to my boat this past winter. i love the way a fairing looks over a glass windshield
Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered

heres some pics, the fist pic is the fairing made out of cardboard for a templete. if ever i wanted to duplicate the fairing, and the other two is after the layup.
Attached Thumbnails Windshield/Fairing?-fairing1.jpg   Windshield/Fairing?-fairing2.jpg   Windshield/Fairing?-fairing3.jpg  

Last edited by 98itrwhite; 09-27-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

some more
Attached Thumbnails Windshield/Fairing?-fairing4.jpg   Windshield/Fairing?-fairing5.jpg   Windshield/Fairing?-boat023.jpg  

Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, thats a good looking Baja! I wish I saw this back when we had our 250ES. The black windshield always looked bad on that boat. The fairing makes it look about 10 years newer.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Yes, 98itrwhite, that is what I was think of accomplishing. I am just useless with my hands when it comes to these kind of things.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe92GT
Wow, thats a good looking Baja! I wish I saw this back when we had our 250ES. The black windshield always looked bad on that boat. The fairing makes it look about 10 years newer.
thanks, it was alot of work. baja had a problom with those black lexan windsheilds they always broke, and then your in big trouble trying to find one. i have to post up a pic of the cockpit all finished. poeple really dont understand all the work something like takes untill they see what the boat use to look like
Old 09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOFASTJUNKIE
Yes, 98itrwhite, that is what I was think of accomplishing. I am just useless with my hands when it comes to these kind of things.
you might run into a problom then. i suggest doing as much reading as possable about useing fiberglass, before you try it. also ask as many questions as you want. cause once you start theres kinda no turning back. i would start by taking off the stock glass windscreen and try making a fairing out of card board or heavy paper and masking tape so you can get the look your looking for and not mess the boat all up. and then you have a template of all the pieces you need to cut. good luck, any questions post them up

- C.J.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on AudioFN and faring on a Formula 302. It is from several years ago, and yes, it was a lot of work. One important thing I learned is flat panel fairings are a lot easier to make than curved panel fairings. Audio's boat worked best with a flat panel faring, and it is done. Mine demands a curved panel faring, and it is not done. Compound curves are a female dog.

Quick Reply: Windshield/Fairing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.