Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Rubbing compound, Polish, and polishing wheel??? >

Rubbing compound, Polish, and polishing wheel???

Notices

Rubbing compound, Polish, and polishing wheel???

Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice

Thanks Donnie, you start to make a believer out of me. Checked the pics out of both the boats. Give me a few months untill this Ohio weather breakes. 17 degreas out and 11 inches of snow. (sucks) but love the great lakes. Will you have a booth up at the Cleveland boatshow?. Sam
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

For the boat detailers out there, what is a range of cost I should expect to pay for a 26 foot center console with a gelcoat that 8 years old. The first 5 years it was covered with a sunbrella cover, but the last 3 years it has been completely exposed to the elements of the south florida weather. I am looking to just restore the gelcoat to its original shine on the sides, which isn't too bad, and the top which is quite flat. There is some chalkyness but it isn't too bad yet. Any idea what a professional boat detailer would charge for my boat? Looking for a range to make sure I don't get screwed.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Roughly $350-$400. But I'm in the midwest, not sure what they charge out there.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zmain
For the boat detailers out there, what is a range of cost I should expect to pay for a 26 foot center console with a gelcoat that 8 years old. The first 5 years it was covered with a sunbrella cover, but the last 3 years it has been completely exposed to the elements of the south florida weather. I am looking to just restore the gelcoat to its original shine on the sides, which isn't too bad, and the top which is quite flat. There is some chalkyness but it isn't too bad yet. Any idea what a professional boat detailer would charge for my boat? Looking for a range to make sure I don't get screwed.
Florida ranges anywhere from 14.00 - 20.00 per foot (length). All depends on time traveled and the severity of the finish.

Donnie
Old 01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

Thanks guys, appreciate the guidance on costs. Now I have an idea of what I should be paying.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Pic 18 ,what did you use on those seats.WOW,what a difference!Which one of your products should I use on a bottom that not too bad,just a little stained from the trailer bunks. Thanks,Bob
Old 01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob280Silencer
Pic 18 ,what did you use on those seats.WOW,what a difference!Which one of your products should I use on a bottom that not too bad,just a little stained from the trailer bunks. Thanks,Bob
Thanks Bob!! That one set untouched for 2 years under a leaky roof.

To begin with, I don't recommend the Magic Eraser for everytime cleaning, but sometimes......

The mildew was extremely bad with lots of staining, so we started with the eraser and some water for the stains. We then came in with the Leverage Vinyl Cleaner and a scrubber to clean the mildew buildup and seams. Last was the Leverage Vinyl Conditioner and we were done.

The customer has finally fixed the roof and is following our directions now, so she should look even better this year.

Donnie
Old 01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Bob,

Sorry I didn't see the question on your hull.

I'm in the process of finishing on that issue as we speak. I'll have my Fiberglass Stain Remover/Hull Cleaner out on February 1st.

It's an eco friendly gel that you just wipe on, let set briefly then remove. It will take care of Light to Heavy stains.

Donnie
Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by amx1972
Thanks Donnie, you start to make a believer out of me. Checked the pics out of both the boats. Give me a few months untill this Ohio weather breakes. 17 degreas out and 11 inches of snow. (sucks) but love the great lakes. Will you have a booth up at the Cleveland boatshow?. Sam

I found a couple pictures...here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Rubbing compound, Polish, and polishing wheel???-matts-pctures-030.jpg   Rubbing compound, Polish, and polishing wheel???-matts-pctures-331.jpg  
Old 12-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for the posts guy's..... Pls keep on posting...