white bottom paint >

white bottom paint

Notices

white bottom paint

Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white bottom paint

im going to paint the bottom of my Carrera and would like to do it in gloss white, but I cant find a bottom paint in that color. would like to know if there is a company that makes it or if I can use a top coat for the bottom.thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Read post 16

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...4-years-2.html
Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered

thanks for the info someone told me they used interlux Brightside with good success has anyone else tried this paint.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long will it be staying in the water? Trailer boat? Ever beach it?
There's likely some folks on here with opinions on what works/for how long under water, but my recent quest didnt give me the warm & fuzzies till I spoke to the Interlux rep.
I ended up going with their VC epoxy. While not as glossy as the Awlgrip on the hullsides, I have no regrets on its appearance.
I think it looks great right out of the gun. It can be wet sanded (usually soon after spraying), tough as nails, stands up to trailer contact, easy to repair if scuffed, and with trailer use, will last a long time.
Plans are to have it in the water for up to 2) weeks at a time (annually)..and this is a non-issue w/ the VC Epoxy.

Good Luck-
Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Registered

I beat this subject to death before I did the bottom of my 33 Donzi. Based on all the opinions from the Hull Truth crowd, I ended up using Pettit Vivid white. It can be buffed to a semi gloss after sprayed. You're not going to find a true bottom paint with a glossy finish.