Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Transom replacement on Checkmate 281 >

Transom replacement on Checkmate 281

Notices

Transom replacement on Checkmate 281

Old 08-27-2024, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 473 Likes on 274 Posts

Glad to see you got rid of that trailer roller thingy. All they are good for is punching holes in the bow if you get a little kaddy wampus getting on the trailer.
The following users liked this post:
justintocars (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by justintocars
Boats back on the trailer. Even with planning on redoing the trailer here soon I had to do something about the terable winch stand. And will make the front bunks come all the way up. With the way the bunks are nothing centers the boat at all.

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Glad to see you got rid of that trailer roller thingy. All they are good for is punching holes in the bow if you get a little kaddy wampus getting on the trailer.
JustIntoCars,

I've been considering doing something similar to our trailer, only intend to make it longer and keep the pivot concept. My question is, with your setup, how do you "locate" the boat; maintain a consistent load position?

Thanks. Brad.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
JustIntoCars,

I've been considering doing something similar to our trailer, only intend to make it longer and keep the pivot concept. My question is, with your setup, how do you "locate" the boat; maintain a consistent load position?

Thanks. Brad.
To be honest Im not sure it works since i havent used it yet. But from what i read you mark the bow strap and crank to the same spot every time.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 636 Posts

To be honest Im not sure it works since i havent used it yet. But from what i read you mark the bow strap and crank to the same spot every time.
JustIntoCars,

That would certainly work for initial locating. I like a positive "lock" against the bow eye, if I can manage it.

It should work, though. The only issue can I see is the potential for the V-pads binding up on your strakes.

I will likely start looking at it more in-depth after I get my engine back together and back in the boat. Assuming that happens before spring.

Thanks. Brad.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Registered

IT FLOATS!
The following 7 users liked this post by justintocars:
93 shooter (Today), IGetWet (Today), outonsafari (Yesterday), Shah Mat (Yesterday), sonicss42 (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Yesterday), Wally (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Registered

Trailer upgrades work great. Forward bunks(post 219) and bow pads really help center the boat on the trailer when loading. Such a better experience. Boat ran great for what little we ran it. Need to jet up some before faster runs. All in all a killer day!
The following 3 users liked this post by justintocars:
outonsafari (Yesterday), sonicss42 (Today), Twin O/B Sonic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,951 Likes on 770 Posts

Good job Justin.

Way to stay after it.

Congrats!
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 25 Posts

Very nice!
Old Today, 03:35 AM
Registered

Received 1,951 Likes on 770 Posts

Your swim platform came out gorgeous!

We’re going to a do a weekend on the big lake in the next few wks if you’re interested.

Probably home base out of Huron.

Just finishing replacing complete ignition on port motor after it caught fire so……., a bit gun shy 🤓

IT FLOATS!
Old Today, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Your swim platform came out gorgeous!

We’re going to a do a weekend on the big lake in the next few wks if you’re interested.

Probably home base out of Huron.

Just finishing replacing complete ignition on port motor after it caught fire so……., a bit gun shy 🤓
Thanks. Going to make it up to the lake soon. Let me know what weekend. Hopefully I can dock this thing by then. Bit of a learning curve dosent react like the enforcer at all. Going to hit delaware Monday and probably tuesday to get the jetting done and practice docking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.