Infusion explained >

Infusion explained

Notices

Infusion explained

Old 04-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All in all it came out good. Theres a few little spots I have to correct. Keep in mind that its a learning experience everytime you do it. You learn something every time. I hope everyone enjoys reading this. There are a lot of technical things that were left out, simply because it be way to much detail. Some things are proprietary. I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

I also have a thread going on building a 30ft Chris cat. I'm retooling the boat. I'm cutting it in half to make it a foot wider. I'm adding 10 inches for an integrated platform and to move the engines back into cleaner water. I'm going to run Mercury 400R. I'm going to fine tune the bottom and then pull a mold. I'm retooling the deck and then will pull a mold. I'm going to manufacture the boat. it will be totally infused with a Kevlar/Carbon fiber hybrid that will be proprietary to me. I'm going to trim a thousand pounds out of the boat. Its going to be very high end and very fast. I'm going to introduce the boat with a color for under $200K. I'm doing all the tooling and mold making myself. It will be perfect. Follow the thread. You'll find it very interesting.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 451 Likes on 299 Posts

Jim! Thank you very much for all this detailed info and pictures!
guys! I have been to jim's shop when the deck was simply off the hull... this guy, as you allsaw in this tread, knows his thing very well when it comes to fiberglass, plugs, molds, so on and so forth! I encourage you to follow his cat tread. Too bad he lives so far from my place since im sure i could use some tips and off course some hands on experience to ressucitate my chris cat!
way to go Jim! I'm glad I was there when you started your cat modification, and sure hope i can stop by soon!

check this guy out! Interesting product to come out of this shop!