Gray color match Baja swim platform >

Gray color match Baja swim platform

Notices

Gray color match Baja swim platform

Old 07-24-2024, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
Honestly I believe you would be better off removing it and having it powder coated like it was done originally. Way more durable and all surfaces will match. Only a 15 minute job to remove it as well.
Thanks. Darn, ya just hoping this doesnt turn into more. Hated to take it off given all the sealant and all and such a wet area. This guy does spot repairs on high end cars like Ferrari and Lambo, gray just must be real tricky. I might need those paint chips to help the match, ha!
Old 07-24-2024, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 550 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by imartin
Thanks. Darn, ya just hoping this doesnt turn into more. Hated to take it off given all the sealant and all and such a wet area. This guy does spot repairs on high end cars like Ferrari and Lambo, gray just must be real tricky. I might need those paint chips to help the match, ha!
Ill take a look to see the grey shades and I might possibly be able to find a match for you.
The following users liked this post:
imartin (07-30-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

Ugh! Strike one on the match. No go. Hope I didn't open a can of worms....says he can match on 2nd attempt. And we all just thought there were only 50 shades of gray! Lol...

IMartin,

SherwinWilliams has over a hundred shades of gray for their interior paint. I can't imagine automotive paints and/or powder coat is any different. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a true "neutral" grey. They all seem to have some sort of "offset" to them. You think you've found one, then you put it next to white or black, and it's some sort of green, blue, purple, yellow or tan. It's infuriating. Lots of luck getting it to truly match.

Thanks. Brad.
The following 3 users liked this post by Brad Christy:
imartin (07-24-2024), tommymonza (08-08-2024), Wally (07-24-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 10:41 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
IMartin,

SherwinWilliams has over a hundred shades of gray for their interior paint. I can't imagine automotive paints and/or powder coat is any different. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a true "neutral" grey. They all seem to have some sort of "offset" to them. You think you've found one, then you put it next to white or black, and it's some sort of green, blue, purple, yellow or tan. It's infuriating. Lots of luck getting it to truly match.

Thanks. Brad.
Yeah i can confirm that Gray is a BIT@# to match up! wife and i just went through this two years ago trying to get the perfect match to paint some cabinets to match a shade of gray in some tile i was putting down in the bathroom....we must have gone through 15-20 different variations, then the guys at Benjamin Moore started adding this or that to darken/lighten etc until she got the right one....i have a gallon made up but i know if it ever needs to be repainted and this gallon goes bad im F'd

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-24-2024, 11:33 AM
Registered

Dang guys! I should have left alone. Without the RAL code, I even called Fountain who bought all the Baja molds and Intel, but nothing. I have the build sheet, doesn't have color code details.

if nothinge else, appreciate the commiserating...lol
Old 07-24-2024, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 550 Likes on 262 Posts

Dang guys! I should have left alone. Without the RAL code, I even called Fountain who bought all the Baja molds and Intel, but nothing. I have the build sheet, doesn't have color code details.

if nothinge else, appreciate the commiserating...lol
I didnt have a chance to get in the shop to look at the swatches, but I do know on my last 2007 30 outlaw the light grey like that was called dove grey on Baja's color chart. Just remembered that from a ways back.
Old 07-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Registered

Thx

Last edited by imartin; 07-25-2024 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bencini231
I didnt have a chance to get in the shop to look at the swatches, but I do know on my last 2007 30 outlaw the light grey like that was called dove grey on Baja's color chart. Just remembered that from a ways back.
Yep, did see "Dove" on my build sheet for the in gel graphics. Thanks for all your help!!

Old 08-03-2024, 04:46 PM
Registered

Bencini:

We've struck out as far as matches. Happen to have those gray swatches? Also, as for taking the platform off, looks like only 6 of the bolts across the top are through bolted. The other 2 each side plate, just into the transom? How difficult to remove? How heavy is the swim platform? What sealant to reapply?

I am really kicking myself for opening this can of worms! Now have a green gray. Ugh!

Last edited by imartin; 08-04-2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-03-2024, 07:56 PM
Registered

Well lookey here....😊
Might be on to something!

Last edited by imartin; 08-03-2024 at 09:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bencini231 (08-08-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.