Notices

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Old 01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelcustoms
Holy **** sorry about the spelling i guess i need to prof read before i post!I was on PB and saw that you posted about the 25 talon that ran 120 with a 1000hp defiantly not bad for a 20+ year old boat design! Tell me more about that boat .Is the bottom stock or been modified.
That is a guy named Dave Kelley or Kelly ???? Anyways, he had an older 25' Talon with an Arneson on it. It was put together before we made the Conversion kits. Stock bottom, stock boat, everyday ordinary 25' Talon
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I'm beginning to like you but you sure are a slow study.

Cleaver propellers take more rpm to get on plane than a round ear. But I guess you already know this.

Oh, by the way, can you tell me if the propeller knows which outdrive is making it turn?
OK Rik, I just got off the phone with my good friend, John AKA KAP, he said we should play nice..., but the way the propeller knows which outdrive is making it turn, is because I told it so when I put it on anyway here is my Bayou Surface drive....
Attached Thumbnails My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive-gen13a.jpg  
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
OK Rik, I just got off the phone with my good friend, John AKA KAP, he said we should play nice..., but the way the propeller knows which outdrive is making it turn, is because I told it so when I put it on anyway here is my Bayou Surface drive....
Yea, but propellers are like women. They don't listen to nothin.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Just a quick question for Rik, or anyone that may know. I figure since Rik seems to have gotten **** end of this deal, while putting in alot R&D in. Does just the 29 force have a prob? Im not trying to stir anything, just trying to get some feedback. Ive followed this entire build, but this outcome is alot bigger than me, so i have kinda kept to myself. Not going to get into it, but i have been looking at one for about a year and done alot of research, but never could get any firm answers from anyone. If anyone want to give their honest opinion, maybe not out in the open you can PM me. Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by frenchfri21
Just a quick question for Rik, or anyone that may know. I figure since Rik seems to have gotten **** end of this deal, while putting in alot R&D in. Does just the 29 force have a prob? Im not trying to stir anything, just trying to get some feedback. Ive followed this entire build, but this outcome is alot bigger than me, so i have kinda kept to myself. Not going to get into it, but i have been looking at one for about a year and done alot of research, but never could get any firm answers from anyone. If anyone want to give their honest opinion, maybe not out in the open you can PM me. Thanks
At this stage, it is hard to tell as the boat has not had a chance to run due to the engine problems.

Are you asking if the Force is a real fast hull? Well it is not a Redline or Eliminator but each boat has characteristics that appeal to different people.

This is a big 29' boat with a lot of freeboard. It really should be a twin engine boat and they do make them both ways, single and twin engine installations.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchfri21
i think i remeber that this boat ran 110 mph with the old bravo style drive @ about 900hp . thats fast but compared to other single cat's not realy . but like rik said biger and heavier boat will handle difrent water better but will loose some speed it all depend on what you want from the boat.
mike
Old 01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Registered

Thanks guys, but i guess what im trying to ask is it the 29 Force in general that has an issue with toasting motors? Im not so much concerned weither it is the fastest cat on the market, just if the design will cost me a motor every time i stick it in the water?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by mikebrls
i think i remeber that this boat ran 110 mph with the old bravo style drive @ about 900hp . thats fast but compared to other single cat's not realy . but like rik said biger and heavier boat will handle difrent water better but will loose some speed it all depend on what you want from the boat.
mike
Not the one that this thread is about.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Not the one that this thread is about.
i thought i saw it some where check out this link . it say max speed is 114 mph

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7097
Old 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by mikebrls
i thought i saw it some where check out this link . it say max speed is 114 mph

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7097
Mike told me 105, then it dropped to 100-102 he said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.