My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive >

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Notices

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Old 01-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchfri21
Thanks guys, but i guess what im trying to ask is it the 29 Force in general that has an issue with toasting motors? Im not so much concerned weither it is the fastest cat on the market, just if the design will cost me a motor every time i stick it in the water?
Hey Frenchfri,

I have a 26' Redline IMO you can't beat it, a buddy of mine has a 27' Eliminator, the Redline has so much more room. I had a TPI 848 engine which had 848hp, the boat ran 118mph all day long, I swapped the 200ax whipple for a 5.0L and boat went up to 1024hp, the boat went from 118mph to 132mph, I just had the engine refreshed and it now Dynoed out @ 1071hp and 998ftlbs of torque. I can't wait to see how it runs now. Are you in the market for a new cat, heck if you go with a stock 525 merc the boat runs in the mid 90's all day long, Powerboat mag. when testing the Redline said it was the fastest single engine cant with a 525 that had ever been tested...here is the link, give Steve a call you will not be disapointed "AT ALL", plus I am not sure what a Force cost, but the Redline is a steal....give them a call...

http://www.rpmpowerboats.com/

Or send me a PM with your number and we can talk...

P.S. Thanks Rik for the plug on the Redline..
Old 01-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Mike told me 105, then it dropped to 100-102 he said.
i guess it's all hear-say . because in the add it said 900 hp . then criss put new aluminum head's on it and was suposed to make almost 1000hp and it still came out at 900 on the dyno with the new mod's. so who realy know's what hp was in the boat beafore and how fast it whent . i have a saying for most of the peep's with go fast boat's what ever they say top speed is take off 5 to 8 mph then you will have the real speed . and most of the time it's true .
and as far as the prop on the stick go's
i think it would have worked fine after some dailing in . but the motor would not last that long . " just a cheap no name motor builder " you get what you pay for "

mike
Old 01-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
i guess it's all hear-say . because in the add it said 900 hp . then criss put new aluminum head's on it and was suposed to make almost 1000hp and it still came out at 900 on the dyno with the new mod's. so who realy know's what hp was in the boat beafore and how fast it whent . i have a saying for most of the peep's with go fast boat's what ever they say top speed is take off 5 to 8 mph then you will have the real speed . and most of the time it's true .
i think it would have worked fine after some dailing in . but the motor would not last that long . " just a cheap no name motor builder " you get what you pay for "

mike
When they first called, the boat went 105, then when Chris was purchasing, the boat speed kept coming down. Mike was a nice enough guy, there are just things out of peoples control. I don't build motors so I don't know squat about the hows and why's, and really only need to be concerned with my end and let others take care of theirs.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Hey Frenchfri,

I have a 26' Redline IMO you can't beat it, a buddy of mine has a 27' Eliminator, the Redline has so much more room. I had a TPI 848 engine which had 848hp, the boat ran 118mph all day long, I swapped the 200ax whipple for a 5.0L and boat went up to 1024hp, the boat went from 118mph to 132mph, I just had the engine refreshed and it now Dynoed out @ 1071hp and 998ftlbs of torque. I can't wait to see how it runs now. Are you in the market for a new cat, heck if you go with a stock 525 merc the boat runs in the mid 90's all day long, Powerboat mag. when testing the Redline said it was the fastest single engine cant with a 525 that had ever been tested...here is the link, give Steve a call you will not be disapointed "AT ALL", plus I am not sure what a Force cost, but the Redline is a steal....give them a call...

http://www.rpmpowerboats.com/

Or send me a PM with your number and we can talk...

P.S. Thanks Rik for the plug on the Redline..
Im not quite sure what steal is or if its in my budget, but i know you guys do great work. You guys did some work on my buddy's 27 Thor and i'll have to say the finish was second to none!!! I'll give'em a call
Old 01-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by mikebrls

mike
I'm not here to rip on others, try to stay positive. The Redline and the Eliminators run very well.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I'm not here to rip on others, try to stay positive. The Redline and the Eliminators run very well.
im not riping on anyone . just qouting what the ad say's .
max speed 114 mph
Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frenchfri21
Im not quite sure what steal is or if its in my budget, but i know you guys do great work. You guys did some work on my buddy's 27 Thor and i'll have to say the finish was second to none!!! I'll give'em a call
Frenchfri,

I appreciate the kind words, but I don't work for Steve I am just a very satisfied customer, and yes they do do some very nice work...So you know John, how is his SCX drive holding up, has he done the 4.0L whipple yet? I told him to sell the Thor and buy a Redline, but I think he wants a bigger boat, I have not talked to him in a while. Like I said compaired to other cats out there in this size range you are not going to get one with this build quality for this price See for yourself...

Jeff
Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Frenchfri,

I appreciate the kind words, but I don't work for Steve I am just a very satisfied customer, and yes they do do some very nice work...So you know John, how is his SCX drive holding up, has he done the 4.0L whipple yet? I told him to sell the Thor and buy a Redline, but I think he wants a bigger boat, I have not talked to him in a while. Like I said compaired to other cats out there in this size range you are not going to get one with this build quality for this price See for yourself...

Jeff
Yeah, i hear ya. John hasnt gone the whipple route YET, but trying to predict John is like trying to predict the weather. One day its a Bigger boat, the next is a whipple. I keep telling him if he goes bigger he won't be able to enjoy it on the Lake were on. The drive he could not be happier with.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by fuelcustoms
RIK let me first say have always been a big fan of your product .Why don't list all the single engine cat stuff that you worked on that hulled ass.I mean something like redline can relate to not a 30 skater. .After you list your results (Speed)you my quit some of the credsom you might even sell some drives.The cats that i know had single arenesons home them where(list)

26 howard cat(from your website)
25 carrera cat( from your website)
24 htm
26 American offshore
19 or 20 ft youngblood that i believe Mr Arneson did himself any any other ones you can thinK off.

These are the types of boats that are having problems and need a holy grail drive.

If you just list the hp and speed on these boats with your drive you would sell a ton.

We've done a lot of single engine catamarans over the years. By far more of them than I am even aware of out there as people get the drives and put them on and I have never spoken to them or been involved.

I've seen the Youngblood pictures but we never had any contact with them nor the person that rigged the boat. That boat according to the guy who purchased it in LA (that's Californian for Los Angeles Redline) says it would run in the 120's .

We've done quite a few 29' Sanger's with single engines and a small 850 hp Turbine. They ran in the 130's 20 yrs ago. Quite a few of the Eliminator Daytona's, and of course the Talon's of various versions such as Talon, Howard, American Offshore etc. We were doing quite a few 32' Skaters with a single Turbine yrs ago also. These ran 135-140 depending upon who's propeller we ran. We used to spit Mercury 4 blades every time we ran back then. And of course we currently run a single engine 46’ Skater with a Turbine.
Attached Thumbnails My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive-25-talon.jpg   My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive-23-elim.jpg  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Anything new here????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.