Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Force Offshore
My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive >

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Notices

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to post up real quick. I was not aware there was drama happening here. This whole event has ruined boating for me, at least for now. I have no boat and my money is in the owners pocket (mike, Force). To this day he is attempting hide under a rock, dissappear, and not take responsibility for his product. What has happend and is presently occuring is criminal .... I have atty's involved. I am looking forward to getting my closure soon.

I thought I said this clear enough before but I'll say it again. The engine never allowed us ample time to work on dialing in the arneson. He had literally no time on the water before the engine problems occured. The second time around Mike's people rebuilt the engine and it went to pfaff. It got a clean bill of health and a tune from them. Needless to say it bit the dust right away. Mike told me he could not/ would not stand behind the product, he wanted me to pay for it stating he was "broke". I talked to several people that had nothing to do with the build and they out of sheer speculation said, maybe maybe it was the FI system malfunctioning. At that point in time I stopped caring what the heck the problem was and just wanted what I payed for. I did no more digging beyond that because it was made clear to me that was not possible.

Rik's help and general advice went above and beyond with me to say the least. It absolutely pains me that this has turned out the way it has. Rik should not be getting crap...AT ALL... about anything that has happened here. I said before and will say again that I would gladly do business with him if I ever get back into boating.

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-25-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
I just wanted to post up real quick. I was not aware there was drama happening here. This whole event has ruined boating for me, at least for now. I have no boat and my money is in the owners pocket (mike, Force). To this day he is attempting hide under a rock, dissappear, and not take responsibility for his product. What has happend and is presently occuring is criminal .... I have atty's involved. I am looking forward to getting my closure soon.

I thought I said this clear enough before but I'll say it again. The engine never allowed us ample time to work on dialing in the arneson. He had literally no time on the water before the engine problems occured. The second time around Mike's people rebuilt the engine and it went to pfaff. It got a clean bill of health and a tune from them. Needless to say it bit the dust right away. Mike told me he could not/ would not stand behind the product, he wanted me to pay for it stating he was "broke". I talked to several people that had nothing to do with the build and they out of sheer speculation said, maybe maybe it was the FI system malfunctioning. At that point in time I stopped caring what the heck the problem was and just wanted what I payed for. I did no more digging beyond that because it was made clear to me that was not possible.

Rik's help and general advice went above and beyond with me to say the least. It absolutely pains me that this has turned out the way it has. Rik should not be getting crap...AT ALL... about anything that has happened here. I said before and will say again that I would gladly do business with him if I ever get back into boating.
Sorry to hear that you have had so many problems. You seem like a Great Guy. Next time you are in the Chicago area look me up. I'll take you boating - and hopefully you will enjoy boating again. Talk to you soon! Don't take this the wrong way, but you should have kept your Awesome!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Duffer
Sorry to hear that you have had so many problems. You seem like a Great Guy. Next time you are in the Chicago area look me up. I'll take you boating - and hopefully you will enjoy boating again. Talk to you soon! Don't take this the wrong way, but you should have kept your Awesome!
I appreciate the offer. And ya, kinda makes me wish I kept the awesome. I hope your enjoying boating this summer out there in the midwest. I'm thinking about another project awesome boat and would love to see yours.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate the offer. And ya, kinda makes me wish I kept the awesome. I hope your enjoying boating this summer out there in the midwest. I'm thinking about another project awesome boat and would love to see yours.
I posted pics on the Awesome forum -Awesome Pics.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry it turned out this way for you, and that you had to read so much drama about it. It's tough being the first guy to step up to a new hull, drive, engine combo.
It's obvious from your final comments where the fault lies and there's no reason to dwell on it.
However it should be noted that there's no question from a careful reading that the drive was not at fault. And kudos to ALL involved in attempting to develop this single engine combination. I hope Arneson carries the ball forward in this development effort.

Given the fuel prices we now face and the desire we ALL have for more speed the goal of a single engine, surface drive powered boat is leading edge tech. And in my personal experience Arneson will be the guys to get it done.

I have had the pleasure of participating as the owner in the development of two Arneson boats. Tweak the hull, test a bunch or props and God knows it never would have got done if the engines kept blowing up. Howard, Gary Garbrecht, John Connor, Gus Anastasia, and Don Pruett were the guys who made those two boats happen back in the day.

I've only had one short phone conversation with Rik several years ago about the possible restoration of one of these boats and I'm sure he does not even remember that call, but I do, and I can tell you that his knowledge of surfaces drives, hull blueprinting, prop choice, and gear ratios is right up there with the names above.

He never said he had a magic wand to keep grenade motors from living up to their name.

I sincerely hope this project is revisited in some way, we could all benefit from a combination like this.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see that boat advertised on ebay,i wonder if anyone got the boat dialed in? interesting project with the arneson and big engine
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

the boat did get going.....100mph too, I can't give too many details because I'm too furious to call those guys to find anymore out.

The boat surfaced a month ago. I still have the lawsuit going against the owner of Force (mike m.) and he sold the boat through an auction to that dealer that has it.

The drive, the trailer etc were paid for in full by me seperate from the purchase of the boat and he actually sold those things and collected the money. He is attempting now to claim BK and completely screw me out of the 6 figures I have into that whole thing. Needless to say my atty is all over it. Can't give many more details other than that. If anyone calls those guys and finds out what it's running etc, post up. I could not have a civil conversation with those folks though they are not to blame. Hopefully I have not said too much
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I stumbled across the ad for this boat so I looked up the thread here. Does anyone know if it ever got dialed in? Or did this dealer buy it from the auction and just post it up? Good looking boat though!
-Tom

http://www.inlandautoandboat.com/Per...ffshorePg3.htm

(about halfway down the page)
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

the boat did get going.....100mph too, I can't give too many details because I'm too furious to call those guys to find anymore out.

The boat surfaced a month ago. I still have the lawsuit going against the owner of Force (mike m.) and he sold the boat through an auction to that dealer that has it.

The drive, the trailer etc were paid for in full by me seperate from the purchase of the boat and he actually sold those things and collected the money. He is attempting now to claim BK and completely screw me out of the 6 figures I have into that whole thing. Needless to say my atty is all over it. Can't give many more details other than that. If anyone calls those guys and finds out what it's running etc, post up. I could not have a civil conversation with those folks though they are not to blame. Hopefully I have not said too much
Man,
Does your situation really suck or what! I can't believe all the BS you have been thru with Force, and I think your project Idea is really cool, it's just sucks you picked a POS company like Force to try and execute your idea! Good luck in your lawsuit, they can be a real DRAIN, money wise, and your TIME also, I know personally.
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.