Notices

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Rik, it was originally ordered with twins, and to my knowledge they would not fit (transom was never cut for them). I think it would be a great size boat for twin LS motors and your drives...would definitely be cool. I cant speak for how the boat runs but I can say it is most likely not the drives fault if the boat isnt running 90+. I have been told they are a heavier hull and I know it is a true 29'.
Researching around, the hulls run wet no matter what drive is on them and when Mike was rigging this boat he said that 1,000 got the boat to just over 100 so 740ish and mid 90's is not bad
Old 11-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Researching around, the hulls run wet no matter what drive is on them and when Mike was rigging this boat he said that 1,000 got the boat to just over 100 so 740ish and mid 90's is not bad
That is accurate, I had 729 hp and ran average 87, when I propped it I saw 92.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Wouldnt doubt the 740HP so I suppose it could run 90...though I would like to see it on the GPS recall. I just dont think Mike Morales or Brad Ayers have spent enough time with props...tough to do when you are busy phucking people out of lots of money.
Dont know Mike, sounds like a good guy. Brad, do not believe a thing that guy says. He is a crook and a bull ****ter like no other. He should be in jail. Yes Brad, I said it. So have many others. BK, my ass!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Arneson Drives are first class top notch drives. I would put one on my boat in a second.
As far as that hull goes, It appears to be riding too wet in that video and may not have been the best choice for this combination.
I feel bad for the owner of this boat,he most certainly got a raw deal!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

I had a 17/21 arneson on my 27 v and it ran great. It was a little tougher to dock than a stern drive and the draft was a little deeper but was very reliable. I have always been a fan of turbines and Howards early days experimenting with the turbine and drive combo on a sanger really inspired me.

As luck should have it, I found a 29 Sanger with OMC v8 outboards that was retired from racing called Double Vision. I bought the boat and converted it to a pleasure boat. The twin brothers who raced the boat bought it new and when they picked it up in California, Jim Davidson took them for a ride in the turbine powered boat that came out of the mold just before theirs. Bernie Little bought that boat and it is the famous Arneson boat. I had to recore most of it but it was worth it to me because of it's heritage. I still have my old arneson drive and the twin turbo small block and intend to install it in the
Sanger when I have time.

I will post pictures when I learn how.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:28 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snapcracklepop
I had a 17/21 arneson on my 27 v and it ran great. It was a little tougher to dock than a stern drive and the draft was a little deeper but was very reliable. I have always been a fan of turbines and Howards early days experimenting with the turbine and drive combo on a sanger really inspired me.

As luck should have it, I found a 29 Sanger with OMC v8 outboards that was retired from racing called Double Vision. I bought the boat and converted it to a pleasure boat. The twin brothers who raced the boat bought it new and when they picked it up in California, Jim Davidson took them for a ride in the turbine powered boat that came out of the mold just before theirs. Bernie Little bought that boat and it is the famous Arneson boat. I had to recore most of it but it was worth it to me because of it's heritage. I still have my old arneson drive and the twin turbo small block and intend to install it in the
Sanger when I have time.

I will post pictures when I learn how.
Did you get that drive installed in the Sanger?
Old 05-26-2024, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 468 Likes on 256 Posts

Rik you still around? i know this is an old thread and sad at that