Warning beeps-???

Notices
Formula

Warning beeps-???

Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning beeps-???

Ran the boat this weekend and during about a 5 minute run we were running it pretty hard, hitting the rev limiters a few times. All the gauges looked perfect, but right at the end of the runI got these beeps- three 1 second beeps. It goes away for about 5 minutes and comes back consistantly. I checked all of the fluids, looked good. Any ideas? I couldn't get the beeps to stop, and I had to run from Hammond Marina where I spent the night last night, and back to New Buffalo. (About a 38 mile run) It ran fine going back and all the gauges looked good, but it beeped consistantly all the way back. I looked it up in the book and it could be one of about 10 things, mostly fluid related.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Registered

Default Re: Warning beeps-???

What engines do you have?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

525's. I think it may be a gear lube monitor. I checked all of the fluids when it was in the water and the gear lube resovoir looked OK, but the oil sits on an angle while in the water. I looked at it while on the trailer and it looks like it could use a little. I'll top it off and see if that takes care of it. (Easier said than done, those things are burried!)
Originally Posted by Island Hopper
What engines do you have?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen and heard about the floats in the gear lube res. sticking up after a hard run on a number of different boats. Happened to us the other day when out on my buddies Baja, Troutly's 353 at Loto, and there is a thread some place about others having the same problem. That would be my first check.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

I have a feeling you're right. I will check it out. I'm considering installing an access panel above the reservoir's which is located under the rear hatch. It would make filling those up a lot easier. ANyone ever done that and any reason i shouldn't?
Originally Posted by Audiofn
I have seen and heard about the floats in the gear lube res. sticking up after a hard run on a number of different boats. Happened to us the other day when out on my buddies Baja, Troutly's 353 at Loto, and there is a thread some place about others having the same problem. That would be my first check.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Before you cut anything call Dano at our store,he can tell you about an easier fix. Robert
Old 06-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered

I'll get a hold of him later today or tomorrow. Thanks. (If the '06's with the 600 motors have them in a different location I won't have to worry about it )
Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Before you cut anything call Dano at our store,he can tell you about an easier fix. Robert