Sink fresh water storage

Notices
Formula

Sink fresh water storage

Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sink fresh water storage

I've been looking for something like that for mine since I got it a couple of years ago. The problem with a bladder, I believe, is that the collapse pressure will not allow for gravity fed water to get to the sink after equalization. I believe it needs to be a container that will allow air to the container in place of the water going to the sink.

Likewise on mine, the orig. owner never used it and removed it, never to be used or seen again. It goes in the same forward compartment as yours and has a hose fitting inside. I've been getting along with gallon containers & water bottles also to now, but would sure like to have the equipment it came with and the option to use the sink...

I may remove the resultant useless sink in a year if I don't find anything.

The original owner said that hauling the tank in & out of that compartment was a pain to do anyway, but I guess he never thought of running a hose to it instead of removing-refill-replace.

Do let me know what you find, if anything.

I also contacted Formula and was told that the company that made the water tanks is no longer around and I can't find anyone with their tank still in use to get a copy or size from.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered

Mine has a fiberglass or nylone rectangular tank. Check out the West catalouge for starters--they a wide variety of sizes and shapes.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

Below is the water bottle out of my 242LS. It measures 14"D x 13"H x 9"W and is held in with a nylon strap. I took it out of the boat and keep a case of bottled water under the back seat instead. The container would get beat up in rough water.
Attached Thumbnails Sink fresh water storage-water.jpg